• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE - TODO

Started by SeaVipe, March 19, 2020, 04:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaVipe

Hi Paul, I'm doing my darnedest, but I haven't been able to break anything lately!
Are plans afoot to enable the TODO feature? (Or have I just not figured out how to use it?)
Also, StatusBar Editor: all 4 colour dropdowns appear as the default until user mouseover when they each display their user-modified colour names.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Hi Clive! Thanks for continuing to test. I am close to being able to release a new update. I've done lots of work on the codetip system as well as create a sample/example program - it's basically a Notepad clone. I have also reworked the code generation in order to make it easier to call objects between Forms no matter which the order that they are listed in the code.

To enable a TODO item in your code, you start with a single apostrophe, followed by a space, and then the word TODO with a trailing colon. You put the todo description after the colon. Something like this:

' TODO: Fix the code generation

I haven't seen the statusbar problem in action. Maybe I am just not reproducing it correctly.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

Perfect Paul, thanks! I missed the space between ' and TODO so problem solved.
On my machine, TODO requires a restart of WinFBE to display the results of a new (or moved or modified) TODO in the TODO tab. Adding or subtracting lines before the TODO obviously changes the position of the TODO but not the TODO Tab line number. I restart WinFBE often enough so it's really not an issue for me.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Good point - I'll modify the parser so that it picks up both cases of space and no space between the ' and TODO. I have done a lot of work on the parser and codetips and autocomplete over the past week. You shouldn't see any issues with the TODO once you get the new update. Hopefully. :-)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Hi Paul, I hope you and yours are well in these trying times.
Very Minor issue: TODO. The code module in the attached SS has 2 TODOs; 1 at line 408 and another at line 444. As you can see, the line 444 TODO has the wrong text and line 408 TODO doesn't display.
Line 408 reads:
' TODO: Set debug file names to be consistent throughout all CRM apps.
Line 444 reads:
' TODO: line 444
There are several other modules with TODOs; they don't display either. The text of the TODO in the SS was created the first day 2.0.9 was released and has been modified a number of times but the text remains the same as when it was created. For a while the second TODO was displaying in the TODO tab but only one of the other module TODOs was displaying but it too has since disappeared.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Thanks Clive - I've noticed a couple of issues with displaying the text. I'll have fixes for all of that soon. In the meantime, do not use either of those test EXE's that I posted earlier. I'll delete that post just to be safe. Before I release the next version I'll take a good look at TODO's to make sure all is okay.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Clive Richey