PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 2.0.9 (March 20, 2020)  (Read 1452 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Suite 2.0.9 (March 20, 2020)
« on: March 20, 2020, 11:25:21 AM »

Version 2.0.9 (March 20, 2020)
Editor:
- Added: From anywhere on the current line pressing Ctrl+ENTER creates a new line immediately below the current line and positions the cursor to the start of that new line.
- Added: F4 popup Function List will now select the current active sub/function name (previously it would always select the parent document node).
- Added: Pressing F6 on a TYPE name will reposition you to the TYPE/END TYPE structure definition. Shift+F6 to return to previous editing position.
- Added: F3 and Shift+F3 finding of current highlighted text will now do wrap around searching of the text buffer.
- Added: OPERATOR / END OPERATOR auto insert.
- Added: Keyboard Shortcuts help file (replaces the previous Editing Tips file). Can display from the Help menu.
- Added: CodeTips for functions will redisplay after closing an AutoComplete list popup.
- Added: Will now recognize 'TODO: in addition to the existing ' TODO:  (notice the difference is the removal of the space between apostrophe and TODO:).
- Fixed: Refactored some of the parsing engine to better display autocomplete popup and codetips.
- Fixed: The word "HEADER" was not appearing in the status bar for opn files in the editor marked as a header file.
- Fixed: Improved the AutoInsert for SELECT CASE when text already exists on the SELECT CASE line itself.

Visual Designer:
- Added: Notepad example project. Located at \Examples\Visual_Designer_Projects\Notepad
- Added: MessagePumpHook event added to Form objects.
- Added: TextBox/RichEdit SelectionChanged event.
- Added: TextBox/RichEdit TextChanged event.
- Added: TextBox/RichEdit LinePosition property and ColumnPosition property.
- Changed: Removed the MaxLength property for Edit and RichEdit controls. Limits are now Edit (32K), RichEdit(1GB). Change via code if needing higher limits.
- Fixed: Changing RichEdit WordWrap property at runtime will now recreate the control.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
Re: WinFBE Suite 2.0.9 (March 20, 2020)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 06:19:41 PM »

Thanks, Paul, lot's of goodies to explore...
With the Type Autocomplete feature, is it by design that the words Get and Set are included in the resulting text?
EX: Type jdb, property RecPtr produces the following code: jdb.RecPtr(Set) or jdb.RecPtr(Get).
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »

Hi Paul, Still having difficulty displaying the height of a full form in Visual Designer on my machine. Width is scrollable but not height.
Running Win 10 Pro 1909, Dell Optiplex 9010, 16GB RAM.
I've tried different monitors and different PCs with the same result.
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 07:23:00 PM »

Hi Clive, no, the Get/Set tag should only be for display purposes in the list and not be included in your code when selected. I will look at that. I did lots of work on the parser and autocomplete and codetips. I am not surprised that a little bug like that crept into the code.

A pretty cool feature that I hope is working correctly is: When a codetip is active and you are starting to enter data for the various parameters and one of those parameters result in an autocomplete popup, then upon closing that autocomplete popup the codetip will reappear so that you can continue to see what remaining parameters need to be entered.

Another pretty cool codetip feature (that I hope is working), is let's say that you are entering function parameters and need to move to a different line of code...obviously doing so causes the codetip to automatically disappear. If you return to the line and enter a comma "," to continue typing in the next parameter data then the codetip should popup again!. It was pretty cool when I first saw this work in my code as it is quite handy for functions with long parameter lists that are hard to remember.

Tonight I had another Eureka moment related to parsing large projects (say for example the WinFBE source code itself or the source code for the FreeBasic Compiler). I think that I've found a way to cache the most recent parsed data and store it in the .wfbe subfolder. When loading the project I will automatically load the previously saved parser data rather than having to manually reparse every single file. I'd only reparse those files where the file date/time differs from the cache data's file date/time. My gut says that it should result in significant time savings. If it does, then I will include such a system in the next update.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 07:24:32 PM »

Hi Paul, Still having difficulty displaying the height of a full form in Visual Designer on my machine. Width is scrollable but not height.

Thanks Clive - I will check into this as well. If I need more info then I'll let you know.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 09:36:37 PM »

Hi Clive,

I am working on fixing the scrolling problem. Hope to have that all patched up tomorrow. I'll then post a EXE for you to try just to be sure that everything works okay on your end before I post a new update. I have already fixed that Get/Set issue (I hope). I will also include the new cache system for the codetips and autocomplete popups. It speeds up loading projects considerably by creating a disk based parser database that simply gets loaded when the project loads - rather than having to manually re-parse every file in the project every time the project loads. For a large project such as the FreeBasic compiler source files, the project loading time went down from 8.4 seconds to 3.4 seconds on my quite fast laptop.

I'll let you know when the new scrolling code is ready.

Thanks
Paul
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

• Guru Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 09:58:06 PM »

@Paul,

Please don't forget to no waste time parsing, saving and loading if the options for tooltips and autocomplete are unchecked. I much prefer a fast editor that these *****.

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 10:12:13 PM »

:-)  No worries Jose, I am taking into account the unchecked tooltips/autocomplete.

A certain amount of parsing needs to be done in order to populate the Explorer treeview and F4 popup Function List.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:14:05 PM by Paul Squires »
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 12:06:25 PM »

Hi Clive, I have not been able (yet) to figure out why the form is clipping when it is larger than the client area and scrolled. I thought that it might be a WS_CLIPCHILDREN issue but that did not seem to be the case. I'll keep working at it.

In the meantime, I have attached both 32 and 64 bit EXE's that you can test to see if the Get/Set issue you raised is now fixed. Also, those EXE's contain the new code code that helps speed up parsing. You will see speed gains after the first project use. The first time the project loads the database is created and saved to disk. Subsequent project loads will use the database rather than re-parse every file.

(Edit: The attachments are removed because the new EXE's do not play well visual designer projects. Code only projects work well).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:19:56 PM by Paul Squires »
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 02:03:04 PM »

The window hierarchy for the visual designer is like this:

frmMain
  |
   ---- Designer window (this one as the bottom tab control for switch between design/code) It also has the scroll bars.
     |
      ---- Frame window (this is the parent window of the visual design Form. It has the resize grippers for the form.)
         |
          ---- Form (this is the form that we actually place controls on, etc).

When using the scroll bars on the Designer window, the Frame window will scroll. Because the Form is a child of the Frame window, it also moves.

The Frame and Form windows are being clipped when the scrolling happens.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 02:20:59 PM »

Hi Paul, Get/Set fixed on my machine. Compile-time (using very unscientific methods) for both WinFBE64 and WinFBE32 shows an approximate time improvement of about 13% ~ 14% -Nice!
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 03:33:31 PM »

Thanks Clive. The compile times should not be drastically improved because I only did some small tweaks there. It is the actual loading of the projects themselves that should faster. For example, loading the fbc compiler source code (171 modules) takes about half the time now. Smaller projects with only a few files will not see much difference. Loading the WinFBE source code and/or the WinFormsX source code is faster. Switching between projects is also a better visual experience.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Joerg Buckel

• FF3 and WinFBE+WinFBX User
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 10:49:47 AM »

Hello Paul
Thanks for the current version.

I have attached the current German language file again.

off topic:

Keep your distance and use the possibility of hand disinfection.
I hope you all stay healthy.

With this in mind.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:51:39 AM by Joerg Buckel »
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2020, 12:58:39 PM »

Hi Joerg, thanks for the updated file! Appreciate it.
Hope you stay safe as well!
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software