• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE Suite 2.1.0 (test version) (March 30, 2020)

Started by Paul Squires, March 30, 2020, 01:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Hi everyone,

I have uploaded a test version for the next release. I am asking that if you would like to download and try it out then that would certainly help me. Use this version on copies of your projects just in case. I have been using it on live code for a few days now and I am doing okay. The download is about 60 meg and it is coming directly from the planetsquires website. I am especially interested in any situation that may result in a GPF and WinFBE crashing.

https://www.planetsquires.com/WinFBE_Suite_Test.rar

Here are the changes:

Version 2.1.0
Editor:
- Added: New caching system that should speed up large project loading. Parser database saved between sessions.
- Added: New Environment Option "Enable fast project cache" in support of the newly added project caching system that was added.
- Added: Environment Settings / Code Editor option called "Position searches to middle of screen" to enable/disable positioning search found text to the middle of the screen.
- Added: Find in Files new options to restrict search to "Current Document, "All Open Documents, or "Current Project".
- Changed: All file operations now use Streams (using CFileStream or CTextStream classes) to replace built in FB Get/Put commands.
- Fixed: In certain cases, (Get) or (Set) would be included in the autocomplete text being entered int othe editor after selection.
- Fixed: GPF when pressing F6 on a #Include statement to load that file into the editor.
- Fixed: Non-Project user entered Command Line parameters were not being passed to compiled EXE beng run.

Visual Designer:
- Added: Image Manager ability to manually edit the filename rather than having to remove and invalid path image and re-add the correct path image.
- Changed: You no longer have to manually add #Include statements for your Form files in your main .bas file.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

Hi Paul, Search: Find In Files does not appear to be enabled except when the selection is "Current Project" where it either does nothing or (in the case of the first two times I tried) locks up WinFBE. It has now settled into just doing nothing no matter what combinations of checkboxes are selected. I restart WinFBE between tests. (And a few reboots.)
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Thanks - I will check into the logic again that I am using.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

hmmmm... hang tight, I made a few mistakes in logic with the code. I will post a couple new EXE's for you later.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Hi, sorry it took so long. I have attached new 32 and 64 bit EXE's with updated FindInFiles code and some other minor cosmetic fixes for some flicker.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Thanks, Paul, The Find In Files works great. On my machine, labels for the CheckBoxes you've added aren't appearing (Nor the 2 new ones in Environment Options). The CheckBoxes are there, just not the TEXT.
Find in Files is so fast that there is no need for a Progress Bar or other indicator.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Ah, yes, it would help if had provided the english.lang language file with the newly added text phrases. Oh my, this self isolation must be playing with my mind. :-)

Please see attached. Copy it to your WinFBE_Suite\languages folder.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

And happy to hear that the Find In Files is working well. It was fun to code it!
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Spanish language file updated.

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software