PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 2.1.7 (May 31, 2020)  (Read 2436 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE Suite 2.1.7 (May 31, 2020)
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2020, 04:21:30 PM »

It appears that when the back color of an empty list box is changed, it will not show up, or will flicker.
Adding an item to the list box halts this behavior.
Thanks - I have added this to my to do list to check into.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Bumblebee

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 07:35:47 AM »

I implemented your changes and the problem persists.
You should be able to observe a focus loss after an item is selected. I'm seeing this in several projects that don't involve the Ctx control.
On these windows it may be difficult to see since the focus trace line isn't visible on a list box item.

1. I select an item in the list box.
2. I press tab.
3. I notice I cannot select another item by pressing the arrow keys, or by rotating the mouse wheel. I notice that the tab control did not receive focus.
4. I press tab.
5. Focus is returned to the list box, as I can now do what I described in step 3.

This may be trivial for mouse users who click on everything, but for keyboard users this is weird.
I haven't created a test project but based on the sequence of steps in your post it makes sense that in #3 you cannot select another item by pressing arrow keys, etc because the focus would have already left the listbox control when you pressed the TAB key in step #2.

#1. Listbox item gets focus because you either selected it by code or by clicking on it.
#2. Pressing TAB will move the focus from the Listbox to whatever the next control is in the tab order.
#3. The Lisbox now does not have focus so you can't change items via keyboard. You mention tab control - you have a TabControl in your project? That wasn't in the sample project that you posted earlier.
#4. Pressing TAB probably moved the control back to the Listbox again (most likely from your PictureBox to the Listbox).
#5. Listbox has focus so you can change items via arrow keys.
I added a tab control, but it doesn't receive focus. I don't know if that is an issue.
If I create a form with a list box, text box and tab control, focus will not jump to the tab control.

On the project I submitted, the focus should never leave the list box. I'm assuming it is going to the image, and not the label.
The issue is similar that of the picture box control in Visual Basic. If enabled is true, a picture box will take the focus when tab is pressed.

See the attached project for another focus issue. Description is in the executable file.

Bumblebee

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 06:39:09 PM »

Focus issues with list boxes are not present under Windows 10. This is my conclusion after reviewing the test demos.

Edit:
Further testing reveals that the focus is not set in Windows 10.
Unlike Win 7, the scrolling of a list box remains enabled, but key presses are ignored until Tab is pressed.
This occurs each time a window loses focus to another app, or was minimized, then restored.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:52:00 PM by Bumblebee »

jermy

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2020, 06:33:44 PM »

There is an error in the line comments  /'  Multiline comment block      '/

Code: [Select]
' frmMain form code file
''
''
Function frmMain_Load( ByRef sender As wfxForm, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
/'  cant use this Multiline comment block method with visual designer, WINFBE generates a new form load function
some comments
'/
    Function = 0
End Function

Code: [Select]
function Empty()
    /'  and this comment block makes the function Empty() disappear in the explorer window
       some more comments 
    '/
end function

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2020, 08:48:57 PM »

Thanks jermy, I have recorded the issue and will investigate. Now that the summer is over I will start to get back into uploading more WinFBE releases.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer
Pages: 1 2 [3]