• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE 2.1.7 - Multiple Instances of WinFBE

Started by SeaVipe, January 02, 2021, 09:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaVipe

Hi Paul, When CLOSING a second instance of WinFBE, the first instance Theme gets 'partially' overwritten and refreshed while (or shortly after) the second instance is closing. Most noticeably are the colours (but not the font), which revert back to default. My fix is to close all instances of WinFBE and copy a recent WinFBE (2.1.6 in my case) WinFBE.ini file to my current WinFBE Settings folder then restarting WinFBE. A few other things need to be manually changed like Disable Brace Highlighting and Disable Occurrences Highlighting, both of which get enabled with the second instance close.
My development PC associations for .bas, .inc and .bi are set to WinFBE so I have to be a bit careful exploring those file types when WinFBE is already running.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

This is a tough one because WinFBE uses only one configuration ini file so multiple instances will always write to the same ini file. So, depending on what instance changes environment settings will dictate the order to how the changes are saved to the file. Basically, I believe that the last closed instance will overwrite other instances that would have closed earlier.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer