• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

PictureBox load image

Started by VANYA, January 22, 2021, 08:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VANYA

Hi All

I have a question:

When creating a PictureBox, you can set an image that is in resources (the IMAGE property) or directly from the hard disk (the ImageFromFile property). However, I did not find in the help a way to send a CMemBmp image. That is, an image, created on the fly using drawing functions. Is this possible by standard means, without using hacker tricks?

Paul Squires

Hi VANYA,

Maybe Jose will be better able to answer this specific question as WinFBE uses CImageCtx as the underlying control for the "PictureBox". I see that you are also using Jose's CMemBmp class to create the bitmap on the fly.

I wonder if there is an easy, elegant, way to use the hDC from CMemBmp class to feed into the CImageCtx control. The CImageCtx control uses GDI+ for its graphics so maybe it can initialize the required GDI+ pointers using GdipCreateFromHDC using the hDC from CMemBmp?

Jose, what do you think? Would that be do-able?
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

José Roca

No, it is not doable. The problem with GDI+ is that it needs to lock the image source, so it has to be a disk file of a resource file.

It can be done using the graphic control (CGraphCtx), which has a DrawBitmap method that accepts a CMemBmp reference.

What you can do is to save the memory bitmap to file with one of the SaveBitmapAsxxx methods and then load it to the image control.

Paul Squires

Thanks Jose, appreciate the answer. :-)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

VANYA

Thanks for the answers!

Quote from: José Roca on January 22, 2021, 12:20:25 PM
What you can do is to save the memory bitmap to file with one of the SaveBitmapAsxxx methods and then load it to the image control.

This is extremely ineffective when animating a drawing dynamically.

This means that in the visual editor WinFBE users are deprived of an easy way to create a work surface and draw something on it. I understand correctly?
If this is the case, then this is certainly upsetting, because I was very happy with how easy it is in WinFBE to interact between the created controls.
Everything is done so well that almost all the work is done by WinFBE, all that remains is to add a few lines of event handling code.

Of course, it won't be difficult to create your own drawing surface right in the code (for example, the same Static control).
And draw on it without any problems using GDI or GDI+ (e.g. by timer), as well as send Bitmap GDI there directly using SendMessage (STM_SETIMAGE).
I confess I thought that in WinFBE | WinFBX this is how  is implemented, but it looks like some other method is applied there.

For example:

dim shared as HWND winStatic

Function frmMain_Load( ByRef sender As wfxForm, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT 
    winStatic = CreateWindowEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, "static", 0, WS_CHILD Or WS_VISIBLE Or SS_ICON, 10,10,150,150, sender.hWindow , Cast(HMENU,1), 0, 0)
    Using GDIPLUS
    Dim ULONG_PTR_01 AS ULONG_PTR
    DIM GDIPLUSSTARTUPINPUT_01 AS GDIPLUSSTARTUPINPUT
    GDIPLUSSTARTUPINPUT_01.GdiplusVersion = 1
    IF (GDIPLUSSTARTUP(@ULONG_PTR_01, @GDIPLUSSTARTUPINPUT_01, NULL) <> 0) THEN
      PRINT "FAIL"
    EndIf
    Function = 0
End Function

''
''
Function frmMain_Timer1_Elapsed( ByRef sender As wfxTimer, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
    Dim As PVOID GPIMAGE_01 , GpGraphics , GpGraphics2
    Dim pen As GpPen Ptr
    GdipCreateFromHWND( winStatic ,@GpGraphics2)
    GdipCreateBitmapFromScan0(150,150, 0, PixelFormat32bppARGB, NULL, @GPIMAGE_01)
    GdipGetImageGraphicsContext(GPIMAGE_01,@GpGraphics)
    GdipCreatePen1(&hFF0000FF,3,Unitpixel,@pen)
    GdipDrawLine(GpGraphics,pen , 5, 5, 140, 140)
    GdipDrawImage(GpGraphics2,GPIMAGE_01,0,0)   
    GdipDeletePen(pen)
    GdipDeleteGraphics(GpGraphics)
    GdipDeleteGraphics(GpGraphics2)
    GdipDisposeImage(GPIMAGE_01) 
    Function = 0
End Function

Also, GDI and GDI + images can be easily converted to each other using GdipCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap , GdipCreateBitmapFromHBITMAP.

José, Paul , I hope in the future you will supplement the editor with some element for dynamic drawing, and dynamic loading of images directly from memory.

José Roca

> This means that in the visual editor WinFBE users are deprived of an easy way to create a work surface and draw something on it. I understand correctly?

WinFBX has a graphic control that allows to draw using GDI, GDI+ and even OPENGL.

See: https://github.com/JoseRoca/WinFBX/blob/master/docs/Graphics/CGraphCtx%20Class.md

In the Examples/CGdiPlus folder there are several hundred examples that use GDI+ with the graphic control.

So, I already have done my job.

VANYA

Quote from: José Roca on January 22, 2021, 05:27:14 PM

In the Examples/CGdiPlus folder there are several hundred examples that use GDI+ with the graphic control.

So, I already have done my job.

Yes, good work.

I realized that while drawing (including images) needs to be completely hand-written in code. Hopefully Paul finds the time and willingness to place the CGraphCtx control among other controls in WinFBE. Thanks again for the answers!

VANYA

Paul!

There are 2 problems:

1) Not a mistake, rather a request. The Image Manager window is small in width for the Russian interface (the last button is not visible). Is it possible to make this window expandable?
2) It seems to me to be a mistake. I will attach a short video to make it clearer (both problems are shown in it)

Paul Squires

Quote from: VANYA on January 23, 2021, 01:55:24 AM
I realized that while drawing (including images) needs to be completely hand-written in code. Hopefully Paul finds the time and willingness to place the CGraphCtx control among other controls in WinFBE. Thanks again for the answers!
Thanks, your request has been added to my to do list.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Thanks for the
Quote from: VANYA on January 23, 2021, 09:35:51 AM
Paul!

There are 2 problems:

1) Not a mistake, rather a request. The Image Manager window is small in width for the Russian interface (the last button is not visible). Is it possible to make this window expandable?
2) It seems to me to be a mistake. I will attach a short video to make it clearer (both problems are shown in it)

Thanks for the reports. I have added these issues to be fixed for next update.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Bumblebee

Is it possible to clear a picture box?

Form2.Picture1.ImageFromFile c
If c is an empty string or file c is not found, the previous image is not cleared.

Alternative method (dynamically created image control)
pImageCtx->LoadImageFromFile(c)
If c is an empty string or file c is not found, the previous image is cleared.
Failed pollinator.

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

The underlying CImageCtx class has a method called Clear for that purpose.

Paul Squires

Quote from: Paul Squires on January 24, 2021, 01:29:59 PM
Thanks for the
Quote from: VANYA on January 23, 2021, 09:35:51 AM
Paul!

There are 2 problems:

Thanks for the reports. I have added these issues to be fixed for next update.

Both of these issues are now fixed and will be in Version 2.1.9.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: Bumblebee on January 27, 2021, 10:08:03 AM
Is it possible to clear a picture box?

Form2.Picture1.ImageFromFile c
If c is an empty string or file c is not found, the previous image is not cleared.

Alternative method (dynamically created image control)
pImageCtx->LoadImageFromFile(c)
If c is an empty string or file c is not found, the previous image is cleared.

An invalid of empty image name will now clear any existing image from the control.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software