• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

Virtua device driver error

Started by Paul Breen, March 31, 2005, 12:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Breen

Ok, I've done it again, only this time I felt guilty enough to actually BUY FireFly before asking for help :lol: Here is the message from windows when I try to compile whether in FireFly or the IDE.
start:
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD. Virtual
Device Driver Format in the registry is invalid. Choose "close" to terminate the application (also displays ignore).
end:
If I click "ignore" in FireFly the compile fails but if I click "ignore" in the IDE the program compiles and executes. This happened after I ran Advanced Registry Doctor. Apparantly this doctor has not taken the hippocratic oath. :P
   I hereby donate the 12 days left on my demo to the charity of your choice. :wink:

Paul Breen

Somehow the multi string value VDD   Reg_multi_sz had been zapped by the registry doctor. I replaced this value and FireFly is shining brightly once more. Sometimes the registry is simple. I just looked at the registry in my laptop and saw the missing value.
I will try to have a real problem next time or preferably none at all.  :cry:

TechSupport

Thankfully you were able to fix this problem. I read the tiitle of the post and I was expecting to be confronted with a huge problem  :D

Thanks for purchasing FireFly - I really appreciate it. FireFly has certainly come a long in way in its short life span. I hope the new version out very soon.