• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

Progress Bar -- Smooth

Started by Anonymous, August 21, 2005, 04:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I'm having problems with the Progress Bar's %PBS_SMOOTH variable.  I don't see the intended change.  Is there something else I have to do to so that it will work?

Thanks!

John

TechSupport

What do you mean that you don't see the change???? I created a sample project, added a ProgressBar control, and then set the WindowStyles property to allow for the PBS_SMOOTH.

In your code, you need to change the value of the progressbar in order to see the bar move. I used the FF_ProgressBar_StepIt function to do that.

Anonymous

I'm still having the problem.  I made a simple form (just a button and a progress bar), but it's still not working (at least how I think it is supposed to).  Can you check it out when you have some time?  I'll send it to you.  Thanks!

John

TechSupport

As per our off-forum emails, this is a WinXP Theme issue. Smooth progress bars are only supported under the Classic Theme. Too bad.

Roger Garstang

Yup, and most of the colors on controls are only supported in Classic too.  XP likes to control all colors on things.  There are a few custom/3rd party progress bars all over the place at PB and such...even some cool 3D ones, and it wouldn't be hard to make one too.  It would be a cool project to make a control for FF that was just like the Windows control, but allowed all different colors and not just stuck in the Windows color scheme...maybe it could even allow for the Windows colors like the other controls in FF too.  I think the 1st place Bible Code at PB had progress bars of different colors...could be a good start there.

Peter Jinks

Another good starting point would be Borje Hagsten's 3D ProgressBar, which is Public Domain.

See http://www.tolkenxp.com/pb/pgbar3d.htm

Pete.