• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE v3.0.2 (November 23, 2022)

Started by Paul Squires, November 23, 2022, 08:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Download from here: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases/

Version 3.0.2 (November 23, 2022)
Editor:
- Fixed bug where WinFBE 64-bit only would GPF if currently loaded file is edited by an external editor causing WinFBE to reload the file.
- Fixed bug where focus would be lost from the Find textbox as the user typed a search word and a corresponding match was found.
- Fixed bug where an invalid startup position for the editor would be saved if WinFBE closed while it is minimized to the Windows Taskbar.
- Added new internal code parser that creates codetips and autocomplete popups.
- Fixed GPF for WinFBE 64-bit that was caused by some leftover array code from cache system that was removed from earlier BETA.
- In-memory parser database not cleared when the same Project loaded multiple times resulting in duplicate entries in the Functions list.

Visual Designer:
- MAJOR FILE FORMAT CHANGE: Form data separated from code file and is now saved to external file with *.design file extension.
- Existing visual designer files are saved with a "*.backup-before-upgrade" file extension prior to the new file format upgrade in case something goes wrong and the user needs revert to the older file.
- When selecting a control from the toolbox and then just clicking on a form (not "drawing" it), it creates a control with a height and width of 0. There are now default sizes for all controls that may be created too small.
- When double-clicking an event in the toolbox, automatically enable that event, create the placeholder (if needed) and switch to that event in the code view.
- When double-clicking a control in design view, automatically switch to the code view for the default event handler for that control (e.g.: the _Click handler if it's a button).
- Listview was not clearing columns/rows when a form is reused (e.g. via popup form).
- Added Listview property (HeaderThemed) to enable/disable theme drawing for the header portion of the Listview.
- The ability to set the default control font name and size for all new controls created for a project, rather than always defaulting to Segoe UI 9pt.
- Added Button control property (AllowFocusRect) to enable/disable drawing the rectangle around the button when it has focus. Only valid if Theme property is False.
- Added Button control property (TextForeColorHot) to set text color when mouse hovers over the button. Only valid if Theme property is False.
- Added Control property (Anchor) which allows you to specify layout resize/movement at design time (uses the WinFBX CLayout class behind the scenes).
- Added Anchor property for Forms.
- Added ChildFormParent property for Forms.
- Added check to prevent duplicate code output into the resource file for images with the same path and filename as this would cause a compile error.
- Added code to ensure that when saving Form data it is output to the JSON design file prior to any Controls on the form, otherwise a GPF may occur when loading.
- Added code that will update or add to existing SELECT CASE event structures in generated code for MENUS, STATUSBARS, and TOOLBARS.
- Added TextBox and RichEdit control property (MaxLength).
- Fixed display of Frame control text background color in both the visual designer and code generation.
- Added Button control property (MultiLine).
- Replaced existing fbJSON parser with the cJSON "C" based parser (32 and 64 bit DLL's).
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Johan Klassen

SeaVipe

Thank you, Paul!

A very quick look...
Code from Help:
Dim Shared Colors as wfxColors
'Colors' works properly without the above Shared variable in my code, however, the Autocomplete does not. So manually typing Colors.Blue compiles and displays correctly but typing Colors. will not display Autocomplete.

Also, opened a project (that was backed-up) and it wouldn't compile, upon further review, frmMain was set as the Resouce file.

That's all I got!
Clive Richey

Joerg B.

Hello Paul

Thank you very much for the new version.

My feedback:

- Transfer source code from version 2 to version 3.01.
Will be converted and compiled.

- Take over source code from version 3.01 adapted in version 3.02.
Will be aborted with the described errors.

- Take over source code from version 2 in version 3.02
Will be aborted with the error '\Source\WINFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(54) error 18: Element not defined, SetInitialCtrlID.

Extract from WINFBE_VD_MAIN.bas:

function frmMainType.FormInitializeComponent( byval pForm as frmMainType ptr ) as LRESULT
 dim as long nClientOffset
 pForm->SetInitialCtrlID(10000 )

When transferring from version 2, the errors of version 3.01 -> 3.02 were no longer generated.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

Thanks guys for the reports. I will work on all of the problems and get another update posted.

In the meantime, I have uploaded a fix for a Quick Run problem that was causing a Save As dialog to appear before the compile.

Thanks for the report on Quick Run. I have uploaded a fix that should prevent that dialog from displaying for Quick Run file.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Version 3.0.3 (November 24, 2022)
Editor:
- Fixed bug whereby SaveAs dialog would appear for Quick Run files.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: SeaVipe on November 23, 2022, 09:03:06 PMDim Shared Colors as wfxColors
'Colors' works properly without the above Shared variable in my code, however, the Autocomplete does not. So manually typing Colors.Blue compiles and displays correctly but typing Colors. will not display Autocomplete.

The Autocomplete popup can be temperamental at times :)  Sometimes the code on the same line will fool the parser logic and prevent the popup from displaying.

Can you post the entire line of code from your application where you press the "."to trigger the popup?
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Hi Paul,

Here is the entire Function:
Function frmChoose_btnExecute_Click( ByRef sender As wfxButton, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT

cTools.ID = frmChoose.txtID.Text
    session_log( debug.prn( "Record Pointer Moved To " & cTools.show_id,__FUNCTION__, cTools.show_id, GetLastError(), __LINE__, 0, VER, False ), log_listbox )
    frmChoose.Close
    Function = 0

' No trailing spaces, followed by a blank line
colors.

End Function

I get the same result regardless of the project or file type.

[UPDATE]
Here is a screenshot of some code I added after the above was tested with colors.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Thanks Clive!

A light bulb went off in my brain after I read your post. On startup, WinFBE attempts to load global variables "Colors" and "Application" into its code completion database. However, in the latest WinFBE version I have introduced a brand new code parser. Because of the new parser, I had failed to update the previous code that adds those two variables to the database.

I have corrected the problem and now you will get code completion popups for both "Colors" and "Application".

Fix will be in the version 3.0.4 update.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Clive Richey