PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Relative Paths  (Read 551 times)

Roger Garstang

Relative Paths
« on: October 02, 2006, 09:35:29 AM »

Like many here I prefer using PB compilers on something such as a USB Flash dive, but on some PCs it has a different drive letter.  Editing the ini file to have the path to the compiler and such as relative isn't allowed by FF though.  Like with a folder of ..\PBWin\bin, ..PBWin\WinAPI\, etc.  Is there a trick to allow it to use these, or does it need to be added to FF to allow it?  It also reports goofy errors like file out of date/old instead of not found...could be a fix to report the correct error too.

TechSupport

Relative Paths
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 09:28:04 PM »

Hi Roger,

I have made several relative path changes for FireFly 3. Most importantly, paths are no longer hard coded in the generated source. I expect that when you start testing FF3 then you will probably notice other areas where the paths could be optimized.

Roger Garstang

Relative Paths
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 10:41:12 PM »

Yeah, turns out PB isn't as good as I thought it was with them either.  Random issues with RC and includes.  Guess I'm stuck changing them all the time.  Appears RC also needs include folder to be in the Environment path or it has a cow too.  I could have sworn I did this no problem last year...wonder what changed?

Jean-Pierre LEROY

Relative Paths
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 09:35:58 AM »

Hello Roger,

I installed PowerBASIC and FireFly on an USB key and I had the same problem as you, because when I move my USB key from one PC to another one, the drive letter is not always the same; so I've made this small FireFly Project to change automatically the value of some keys in the FireFly.ini.

Here is a print screen of the program when you launch it :

I've zip this project called SwitchDriveForFireFly here http://hometown.aol.com/Jpleroychereau/SwitchDriveForFireFly.zip

This program is very simple and straightforward, so I hope this program doesn't break anything in the FireFly environment.

Jean-Pierre