PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toolbar on NT  (Read 238 times)

Jonathan Bristow

Toolbar on NT
« on: January 03, 2007, 11:23:38 AM »

We have written a suite of utilities under firefly where one particular app uses a Toolbar. Under XP and 2000 the toolbar appears ok (Apart from known transparency issue on 2000) but under Windows NT (which is what all our utilities will be run on) all icons are placed to the far left so that they overlap each other and make it impossible to select one.

Is this a known issue?
Is their a known resolve?

TechSupport

Toolbar on NT
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 12:12:02 PM »

I haven't used NT in years.... :(  You should check to see what the version of the comctl32.dll is. FireFly needs version 4.70 or later for setting the normal/disabled/hot image lists for the toolbar.

Are you using a Rebar to hold the Toolbar as well?

Jonathan Bristow

Toolbar on NT
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:22:18 PM »

You should check to see what the version of the comctl32.dll is. FireFly needs version 4.70 or later for setting the normal/disabled/hot image lists for the toolbar.

:(

Are you using a Rebar to hold the Toolbar as well?

No.

TechSupport

Toolbar on NT
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:43:59 PM »

hmmm.... I wonder if the Toolbar is being resized to the full width of your Form? If it is not, then maybe that is why the icons are overlapping. Can you use a utility like Microsoft Spy++ to highlight the Toolbar in your application while it is running. You will then know if it is sized to the full width or not.

Also, what styles do you have checked for the Toolbar (TBSTYLE_FLAT, etc...)

Jonathan Bristow

Toolbar on NT
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:30:21 AM »

ok, thanks for your help. Unfortunately i didn't get time to look into this issue further, so released the software with just the one toolbar item.
However, with a little more time now, the checked styles of all items are as follows...

TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE
TBSTYLE_BUTTON

And TBSTATE_ENABLED

Not had time yet to check with spy++