• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

SIGRID Column ReadOnly

Started by Marco Ruiz, March 27, 2007, 08:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco Ruiz

To avoid the data input in some columns of the grid in the function SI_GRID_MSG_GRID_KEYCHAR I use the code:

GridNav = lpGridNavigation
  if @GridNav.Col = 3 then
    @GridNav.ReturnCode = 1
  end if 

But this does not avoid the use of the key Delete. 
I have tried also the following code in the function "CUSTOM" of the Form that the Grid contains:

Local GridCol As siGridColumnArray, i As Long

'column 3 readOnly
    i = 3
    siGetColAttributes (hList,i,GridCol)
    GridCol.Options = GridCol.Options Or %SI_GRID_READONLY
    siSetColAttributes (hList,i,GridCol)      

But the column is editable.

Which method is correct and how do I avoid the use of the key DELETE in the column not editable?

Spanish:

Para evitar el ingreso de datos en algunas columnas del grid en la función SI_GRID_MSG_GRID_KEYCHAR uso el código:

GridNav = lpGridNavigation
  if @GridNav.Col = 3 then
    @GridNav.ReturnCode = 1
  end if 

Pero esto no evita el uso de la tecla Delete.

He intentado también el código siguiente en la función "CUSTOM" del Formulario que contiene el Grid :

Local GridCol As siGridColumnArray, i As Long

'column 3 readOnly
    i = 3
    siGetColAttributes (hList,i,GridCol)
    GridCol.Options = GridCol.Options Or %SI_GRID_READONLY
    siSetColAttributes (hList,i,GridCol)      

Pero la columna es editable.

Cuál método es correcto y como evito el uso de la tecla DELETE en la columna no editable?

TechSupport

I really don't know off the top of my head. I don't use SIGrid so I am by no means an expert in it. There are many FireFly users here that do use SIGrid so hopefully someone can chime in with an answer.

Mike Trader

Marco,
I am sorry to say that I found SIGrid lacking. I built a project with it and encountered several problems that I brought to the attention of Chris. He is a very nice guy, but just unavailable and the support for SIGrid is virtually non-existant.
I must have called 20 times last year before getting a call back and sent numerous emails, mostly unanswered. Recently I have tried to contact him again and got ZERO response. I do not know if the issues I raised have been addressed.

I have now moved on to Elias Easy Grid. Thus far I find him responsive and the product better thought out and more capable.

Your mileage may vary :)