PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odd behaviour...  (Read 545 times)

Elias Montoya

Odd behaviour...
« on: March 31, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »

I dont know if this can be considered a bug, because is the result of
the user error... BUT in the other hand, Firefly allows it. Heres what happed:

I created a new dialog, called MainForm with 1 button, when you press the
button, it makes some iternal calculations, and based on the results, it displays
one of 2 dialogs. Here is the thing...

I started creating one of those two dialogs, I added a background bitmap, and
hit SAVE, firefly now asks me to name the form file. I Named it "ResultA", and saved it. BUT... oh wait, i added as background the bitmap for ResultB! Ok, no problem, Since i havent added any code yet, i can simply change the Form Name to "ResultB" and everything is ok.

Now i add a new form, and add the bitmap For "ResultA" (this time i double check), and i manually set the name of the form to "ResultA". I wanted to do it right this time. I do some more stuff... add some code to both forms. Now i save the Project...

It prompts me to save the second form.. Right! i never saved it. I save it as
"FormA". It says it already exists... Ok, no problem. I want to overwrite, i changed the name of my first form anyway.

It saves correctly, or so i thought. Next time i open the project i notice i lost completely the code from FormA... and now i have 2 "FormB" dialogs in my project, except that first one doesnt show the code editor nor the list of available modules... and the "Tools" area in the Firefly workspace doesnt show any available controls, but only one black arrow...

??? ??? ???

Elias Montoya

Re: Odd behaviour...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »

And when i try to open another project, it asks me if i want to save current project
(even though i just clicked SAVE).

I click OK, and it prompts me to specify a file name (even though its an old project that already has a file name).

I click my project's file and click "Save"....

Then... firefly gets caught in an apparently endless paint circle that repaints all
the dialogs on the PC and my desktop continuously... then it crashes.

I know maybe i shouldnt be posting this, considering the closeness of Firefly 3... but maybe it will help in some way fir FF 3?. :)