PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I put an Icon in a Statusbar and show an associated tooltip?  (Read 414 times)

Andrew Lindsay

OK - I am slowly getting back into this programming for other users type thing...

I want to add a Statusbar at the bottom of a form, and within that statusbar I want to have various Icons that will be able to show the status of my program.  In addition to the icon, I would like to be able to raise some text in a tool tip window when the icon is either clicked on, or it is hovered over.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Lindsay

Re: How do I put an Icon in a Statusbar and show an associated tooltip?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 11:29:11 PM »

OK, I am more and more impressed with what can easily be done with FireFly, even with this old rusty head.

I have just managed to find how to do all I wanted to do with the internal FF_ functions.

If I had one complaint, finding the correct information is not always the easiest within the help system, but then that is one of the most difficult things to do because it is a bit like the old text adventures where to solve a puzzle it was often down to guess the verb.

An outstanding package Mr Squires, can't wait to see Ver 3.0, it may even turn me into a programmer (for others) again.

Regards

Andrew

Roger Garstang

Re: How do I put an Icon in a Statusbar and show an associated tooltip?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:32:51 PM »

Good to hear.  You can also easily add controls to the Statusbar too using the built-in FF_StatusBar_GetRect to get the location of the panel and using the API SetParent to set something like a Progressbar as a child of the Statusbar (Whos Hwnd also appears in the F4 menu when you add the statusbar so you can use it in SetParent call).  You can then use the Rect returned from FF_StatusBar_GetRect to position and size your control in the panel.