PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Copy2Release user tool  (Read 2330 times)

Pat Dooley

Copy2Release user tool
« on: November 13, 2009, 11:17:19 AM »

Here is a small offering I call Copy2Release to add to FF3 User Tools. It should ease the task of copying required run time files such as SQLite3.Dll and SQLitening.Dll to your release folder.

There are two listboxes. The listbox on the left displays a list of Group names. The listbox on the right holds a list of files associated with the selected group.

So, you could add a group called SQL_LOCAL. Then Add the files SQLite3.Dll and SQLitening.Dll to operate your program in local mode.
Add another group called perhaps SQL_MU and add all the files you would need to run your program in multiuser mode.

The Run button would then copy the files listed in the Files to Copy listbox to your release folder.

It works off of an ini file stored in the same folder as the exe. So, when it first starts, it looks for an ini file with the same basename. If it doesn't find it, it is created. You will then need to add at least one group with at least one file.

Copy2Release is intended to work as a FF3 user tool with the <R> parameter. However, at the last minute I added the Browse for Folder FF function so it could work standalone.

The zip file contains all the FF3 folder structure, so just unzip in your projects folder and preserve relative paths. The only actual files are the Copy2Release.ffp and Form1.frm

I had trouble getting it to actually come up in FF3 as a user tool. But after swapping emails with Paul (he said it should work) it started working. Maybe it just needed a letter from home.

I suggest at first selecting the Action of Invoke only when selected by user. Later on with other projects try the pre and post compile. And don't forget the <R> parameter.

Comments welcome.

Pat

Haakon Birkeland

• Master Member
  • XP Pro x64 SP2, (Win 7 Pro x64), Win 8 Pro x64
Re: Copy2Release user tool
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »

Hmm...

Now you got me dreaming of a tool parsing through the source-files and automatically copying the referenced files from a known source. 8oř
Haakon 8o)

Brian Chirgwin

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »

I suggest at first selecting the Action of Invoke only when selected by user. Later on with other projects try the pre and post compile. And don't forget the <R> parameter.

Add quotes around the <R> (Parameter= "<R>") for parameter if you have spaces in your path.

This will force a path like "C:\Documents and Settings\..." to be the full path and not just up to the first space (C:\documents).

Pat Dooley

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 03:47:38 PM »

Yes, indeed!  A world of difference. Did not test on folder with spaces, so did not catch problem.  Adding quotes around the parameter in the Edit User Tools fixes error.  I suppose this would apply to any parameter that may contain spaces.  Now with 3.03 update this could include the <P> (Project Name) parameter.

Thanks Brian,
Pat

Rolf Brandt

• Master Member
  • XP Pro SP3 - Vista - Win7
    • Taxi Dispatching Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »

Nice little tool, Pat. Very helpful. I added it to the User Tools menu.

Rolf
Rolf Brandt
http://www.rbsoft.eu
http://www.taxifreeware.com
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
(W. C. Fields)