• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE on GitHub

Started by Paul Squires, June 25, 2016, 04:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

I have created a Git repository for the WinFBE project. All source code is now there. It now makes it easy for me to commit changes to source code and have it available immediately to anyone who is interested.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE

You will find a green button on that page called "Clone or download". Click that button and you will see an option to download the source in a zip file. This will get you the very latest source code and exe's.

For general stable releases you can find WinFBE releases at: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Also, a general project comment thread is active over on the FreeBASIC community forums:  http://freebasic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25215

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Petrus Vorster

The Rambo pic is much different from Einstein...LOL
:D
-Regards
Peter

Paul Squires

hahaha! Yeah, I need to change that  :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Eddy Van Esch

Paul,
I just recently found out about WinFBE (haven't tried it because I am not yet using FB ).
I was wondering how I should relate WinFBE  to FF for FB ...
Should I see WinFBE as a 'JellyFish for FB' ...?   :)

Kind regards
Eddy

Paul Squires

Yes for now WinFBE is like JellyFish for FB. I am building on WinFBE to eventually become FireFly for FB.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

I can't repeat it at will, but it has happened to me several times: When doing searches using Ctrl+F, sometimes the Find dialog does not appear and the editor no longer allows to edit text.

José Roca

Check the code to save a file. Each time I save the code, a bunch of "Invalid parameter passed to a C runtime function" messages appear in DebugView.

Petrus Vorster

QuoteYes for now WinFBE is like JellyFish for FB. I am building on WinFBE to eventually become FireFly for FB.

The combination of your work would be an awesome adventure in a new Firefly.
Although i am worried about the apparent decline in interest in the FB project over there, I would really like to see a new Firefly in 64bit.

I have played with .Net and its slow, creepy and no fun at all.
Too much stuff to drag along, to little enjoyment and zero fun for a hobbyist.

I hope you all push through and we have a great tool to last us a few more years!!!

Thanks for the efforts, it much appreciated.
-Regards
Peter

José Roca

@Paul,

When I click the "Comment Block" toolbar button, it REMs also the blank lines. I think that it should leave the blank lines unaltered.

José Roca

@Paul,

Maybe you could check if, when compiling as GUI, if there are some incompatible console only FB statements and either switch to console compilation or display a warning and don't compile. SLEEP, for example, is very annoying because the application remains in memory and you have to kill it using the Task Manager.

Pierre Bellisle

Or maybe put the info explicitly in the file.
This is what I use in my pre-compiler and I find this a real nice click saver...

Note: I use "< as left delimiter and >" as right delimiter.

#Define JumpSourceFile "<D:\Free\Code.bas>" 'In a basic file
or
//#Define JumpSourceFile "<D:\Free\Code.bas>" //In a rc or XML file
Could be used in any file open in the IDE telling what main file to compile.
To avoid conflict in opened related files, put a suffix to "JumpSourceFile", like...
#Define JumpSourceFile01 "<D:\Free\Code.bas>"
#Define JumpSourceFile02 "<D:\Free\Code.bas>"
Everything starting with #Define JumpSourceFile will be considered. #Undef may also be used.

#Define JumpCompiler "<D:\Free\64\fbc.exe>"
Say wich compiler to use, 32bit, 64bit or DOS

#Define JumpCompilerCmd "<-s gui -w pedantic -i D:\Free\Roca\ "D:\Free\bas\Default.rc">"

The command line to send to the compiler.

#Define JumpExeCmd "<MyCommandLine ForTheCompiledExe>"
Command line to pass to the compiled exe at run time.

#Define JumpOption "<ShowInfo ShowLog>"
ShowInfo give Jump.exe infos taken while running Jump.exe for debug purpose.
ShowLog  Show the result log even if no errors or warning have occured for debug purpose.

Pierre

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on July 10, 2017, 05:24:43 PM
@Paul,

When I click the "Comment Block" toolbar button, it REMs also the blank lines. I think that it should leave the blank lines unaltered.

Thanks Jose, I have this implemented and will upload the change this evening.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on July 08, 2017, 06:45:49 PM
Check the code to save a file. Each time I save the code, a bunch of "Invalid parameter passed to a C runtime function" messages appear in DebugView.

That's interesting. I will download DebugView tonight and see if I can get the same results as you have. The Save code is basically in the clsDocument.SaveFile function. Maybe it is related to the PUT #f code in there that is pushing the code to the file. I might have to do some CASTing although the compiler does not issue any warnings.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on July 10, 2017, 07:33:07 PM
@Paul,

Maybe you could check if, when compiling as GUI, if there are some incompatible console only FB statements and either switch to console compilation or display a warning and don't compile. SLEEP, for example, is very annoying because the application remains in memory and you have to kill it using the Task Manager.

Hi Jose, I see what Pierre has done and it is somewhat similar to the approach I took with Jellyfish Editor to include embedded directives in the code to handle certain tasks. To date, I have tended to stay away from this type of embedding with WinFBE but I can certainly start adding things now.

How about something like this:

'#CONSOLE ON|OFF

Console ON will eliminate adding the "-s gui" command to the compile line.

I will add it and you can see if it is effective in helping your situation.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Pierre's approach is targeted to the use of UltraEdit. I don't think that your users would like it for general options. It is better to set the options in dialogs.

However, for hacks like CONSOLE ON, that will be fine.

BTW the most annoying problem that I'm having is with the Find option. After using the Find dialog several times (more than a few times, but less than many times), the cursor disppears and I have to restart the compiler. It is as if it has entered in a loop.