PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Compiler settings corrupted?  (Read 1726 times)

Wilko Verweij

• PB10 - FF3.7 User; Win 10
    • CHEAQS
Compiler settings corrupted?
« on: August 21, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »

Hi, I recently experienced a strange phenomenon. I am using WinFEB 1.6.4 since it was released, with FB 1.0.6. I compiled my program in Console-mode, 64-bit, release. I used the console only for debugging, because the 'real' program is a windows GUI application. Last night I wanted to create a copy without the console DOS-box, so I changed (in the combo-box) the type of compilation into GUI-64 bit release. And then something strange happened: I got the message that the program "main.exe"was created, while previously I had given my exe a different name in the additional compiler settings. Even more weird: the program was not created at all.
When I switch back from GUI to console mode, the additional compiler settings still seem to be gone. The wrong exe name, and the exe can not be found. If I compile with the 'build and run' option, WinFBE also tells me that the program can not be found, so it's not only me...

Now my questions are:
1. how can I change this behaviour to what I had before? The .wfbe file? Winfbe.ini? I'd like to continue working on the project...
2. what can I do in the future to prevent this problem?

Any help is appreciated,

Wilko

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: Compiler settings corrupted?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 05:05:41 PM »

Hi Wilko, I will try to reproduce the problem you are seeing (I assume you mean 1.7.4 and not 1.6.4).

You could try deleting your WinFBE.ini file and then allow WinFBE to create a new one when WinFBE restarts. If that does not work, then it is possible that your .wfbe project file might have gotten corrupted. I'd try deleting the .ini file first though.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Wilko Verweij

• CHEAQS
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 04:31:10 AM »

Thanks Paul, I tried both ideas and both did not work. However, I created a new project and then added all existing files to the new project and now it works like it should. But I am still looking for a reliable way to switch from compiling in console-mode to GUI-mode. By the way, I do use 1.6.4. I do not install every update that you release.

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 09:40:20 AM »

...By the way, I do use 1.6.4. I do not install every update that you release.

Here is what has changed since 1.6.4 (a lot of it is related to the visual designer)  :)

- Added: Loading of WinAPI codetips (\settings\codetips_winapi.ini).
- Changed: Removed Bookmark color and WinAPI Keywords color. Basic themes will automatically be updated. USER DEFINED THEMES WILL NEED TO BE MANUALLY UPDATED. Sorry.
- Changed: More specific error message for type of Help file not found.
- Changed: Replaced FB's COMMAND with unicode aware replacement AfxCommand.
- Changed: Commented out Scintilla code for SCI_SETFONTQUALITY and SCI_SETTECHNOLOGY to see if it helps in displaying older *.fon bitmap font files.
- Fixed: User Tool problem assigning accelerator key
- Fixed: "Save Declares File" menu option was not outputting SUB declarations (only FUNCTIONS).
- Fixed: AutoInsert inserting "End Function" and/or "End Sub" in situations when it should not.
- Fixed: Calltips disappearing after typing characters past the opening "(" that triggered the codetip.
- Fixed: Corrected triggers for Autocomplete popups.
- Fixed: Button TextAlign property not having effect at runtime.
- Fixed: Locked property causing compile time error (property still not implemented yet however).
- Fixed: Form Resize event was not firing after the Load event.
- Fixed: Greatly speed up the Replace All for large documents with many phrases to be replaced.
- Added: Function names will now display for code files that do not have a disk filename (especially useful for QuickRun files).
- Changed: Updated Italian language file.
- Changed: Changing back colors of a button now also calls button refresh.
- Changed: Temporarily removed some Properties that have not been fully implemented in order to prevent compile time errors.
- Fixed: Compiler output listview now properly shows Form file error lines (adjusted to remove metadata and codegen lines).
- Fixed: Help file displaying "Not found" error for fully qualified path names.
- Fixed: TextBox WordWrap property was coded incorrectly.
- Fixed: TextBox HideSelection property was coded incorrectly.
- Fixed: TextBox CharacterCasing property not correctly referencing the CharacterCase Enum.
- Fixed: TextBox TextScrollBars property changes not reflected visually in the visual designer.
- Fixed: TextBox AcceptTab property was not fully implemented.
- Added: Completed ListBox control documentation and tips.
- Fixed: Regression from 1.7.1 preventing text input into PropertyList items (Name, Text, etc).
- Added: TextBox TextChanged event.
- Added: (ToolBox) Event descriptions for Destroy, GotFocus, LostFocus, MouseEnter, MouseHover, MouseLeave.
- Added: (ToolBox) Ability to use keyboard arrow keys to traverse list of Events for a control.
- Added: (ToolBox) Ability to use keyboard Space key to toggle select/unselect of an Event for a control.
- Added: BackColorDown to popup codetips for Button objects.
- Added: Duplicate check for Form and Control names.
- Added: Check to remove invalid characters from Form and Control names.
- Added: Documentation for the global/shared Application variable.
- Added: wfxApplication class codetips (for the global Application variable).
- Added: wfxColors class codetips (for the global Colors variable)
- Added: Changing a form or control name will automatically any code that references the old name.
- Added: Compiler Setup fields for WinFBX Help file.
- Added: New top menu Help options for WinAPI and WinFBX
- added: Pressing "DELETE" key will now delete the selected group of controls.
- Changed: Removed the "On" prefix from the documentation for Methods related to forms and controls.
- Fixed: SelectAll not selecting all code text for visual designer forms when the code editor is active.
- Fixed: If visual design form had focus, typing characters would enter those characters into the code editor.
- Added: Button BackColorDown property added. The ThemeSupport property must be set to False.
- Fixed: Right click mouse popup menu not showing in code editor of a visual designer form.
- Fixed: Added a Relative path check for Help files.
- Changed: Removed the Preparse database and replaced with static database codetips_winfbx.ini
- Fixed: Some TYPE elements not showing in popup codetips (eg. Text property for Button).
- Added: Form KeyPreview property.
- Fixed: Ability to unset any previously set button for the form properties: AcceptButton, CancelButton.
- Fixed: Positioning to wrong error line when error in visual designer code file.
- Fixed: Incorrect code generation for CheckBox BackColor.
- Fixed: Color System MenuText had a typo causing error during compilation.
- Fixed: QuickRun was not working for Form source files.
- Fixed: Changed RedirConsoleToFile function to use WSTRING rather than ZSTRING.
- Fixed: Changed CreateChildProcess function to use WSTRING rather than ZSTRING.
- Fixed: Form reload when source code changed by external editor.
- Fixed: GPF during cut or copy operation if Form is part of the selected group of controls.
- Fixed: Regression from 1.6.6 related to project loading and duplicate event handlers.
- Fixed: Many changes related to the experimental visual designer.
- Added: Visual Designer enabled but it is limited and experimental at this point.
- Added: FreeBASIC Compiler nightly build July 3, 2018 (32 and 64 bit versions).
- Added: Extended style to the Explorer treeview to give it modern looking icons rather than +/- boxes.
- Changed: Removed WinFBX include paths from "Environment Options" / "Compiler Setup". No longer needed.
- Fixed: Quick Run was failing when invoked against unicode editor files. Temp file now output using correct unicode settings.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Wilko Verweij

• CHEAQS
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 05:39:55 AM »

Yes, I know that you and Jose are making lots of progress. Many thanks for that. For me WinFBE is a means to create my own program, and sometimes I am a bit conservative: if it works, and if I can do with it what I want, I am happy. Just every now and then I make the step to a new version. But I am here almost every day to see what is happening.
So thanks!

Josť Roca

• Guru Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 06:06:33 AM »

So we can't count on you for testing, can  we?

Wilko Verweij

• CHEAQS
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 06:47:53 AM »

Of course I am willing to help and test or whatever. Just let me know here on the forum. But my main purpose of using WinFBE is creating my own programs.