PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE editing keyboard shortcuts you should be using  (Read 780 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE editing keyboard shortcuts you should be using
« on: August 25, 2018, 11:09:14 AM »

Every now and again I need to use a different editor to look at source code files. Most of the time it is either JellyFish (for ANSI files) or TextPad (for unicode). It is during those times that I realize how dependent I have become on the following two keyboard shortcuts:

Ctrl+D: This duplicates the current line. It is so much faster than having to highlight the current line and the copy/paste.

Ctrl+Shift+Up, or Ctrl+Shift+Down: These shortcuts move the current line up or down a line. In combination with the Ctrl+D duplicate line, it makes for a super fast way to quickly create a code line and then move it.

Anyway, just thought I'd share in case you folks were not aware of this functionality (it is buried under the "Edit", "Line Operations" menu).

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
Re: WinFBE editing keyboard shortcuts you should be using
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 12:20:44 PM »

How did I miss those 3 gems! Thanks, Paul.
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE editing keyboard shortcuts you should be using
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 09:32:40 AM »

I want to bump this topic because if you're using WinFBE then you need to get accustomed to using these shortcuts. You will be amazed at how much it will increase your productivity.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer