PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 1.7.7 - Designer Control Properties  (Read 237 times)

SeaVipe

• FireFly3 User
  • Windows 10
WinFBE Suite 1.7.7 - Designer Control Properties
« on: August 31, 2018, 01:28:00 PM »

Hello Paul,
When editing various text fields in a control's properties, I found that the selected property value will change when the first control clicked on, is not the control that was being edited "just" prior to a Compile and Run.
If the control's Name was being edited then that value (ex. lstTasks) is inserted into a text property (Name or Text) of the next control to be selected in the Designer. This can be duplicated but I don't always get the result I was expecting.
So, in Designer, click a button, click on the properties Name. Click Compile and Run. Close the resulting program giving the focus back to WinFBE. Click on a different control and the control's name will change to the name of the control that previously had its Name highlighted. This new value is usually ignored and the code will compile with the control's correct name, but occasionally it won't and an error occurs.

In my test program I was able to have all 4 buttons with the same name in the Designer Name field but compiled correctly. The same is not true for Text, this "usually" does get changed and the resulting program will display the new value. In my test all 4 buttons eventually displayed the same Text, in this case "Settings"
As you can see in the attached screen shots the Name property displays one thing but the dropdown directly above that contains the control's correct name.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Master Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.7.7 - Designer Control Properties
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 01:46:16 PM »

Thanks Clive - and thanks for confirming this as I thought I had experienced the same problem at some point as well.

I think it may be related to how I trigger the firing of the validation code when the windows lose focus. I will take a very close look at this and get it fixed because this could be a huge problem if not addressed.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
FireFly Visual Designer, WinFBE Editor