PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: opening multiple forms  (Read 185 times)

raymw

• FireFly3 User
opening multiple forms
« on: October 23, 2018, 10:51:11 AM »

Hi, I need help yet again. Eventually, for the application I have in mind, I want a sort of desktop environment, with various icons thereon, which when opened can present different views on various aspects of data within the application. However, I'm stuck on a basic first step. A brief example of where I'm stuck - two forms, one with a button such that on clicking said button, it shows the second form. Easy enough to create the two forms, but what else is needed to allow the second form to be shown by the first form button click? Not knowing how to do this, I'm getting numerous linking failures and winfbe crashes. Thanks.

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Master Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: opening multiple forms
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 12:13:22 PM »

The sample program that I ship with WinFBE shows how to display a popup modal form.
\Sample_Projects\VisualDesigner\FormText.wfbe

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
FireFly Visual Designer, WinFBE Editor

raymw

• FireFly3 User
Re: opening multiple forms
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 04:30:42 PM »

Thanks Paul. I had looked at that example, but it looked a bit 'involved' with the includes. I was hoping there was something inherent in the compiler/project that would magically? know where variables were defined. Anyway, what I've done is the following -

If I've a forma, which has a button to load formb, the minimum I need is to save the forms, and in forma put '#include once "formb.bas"'. that ensures that formb is defined before the forma button shows it. It seems that simple, it must be wrong.