• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE Suite 1.8.2 (November 8, 2018)

Started by Paul Squires, November 08, 2018, 05:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Version 1.8.2 (November 8, 2018)
- Added: CMaskedEdit control (from the WinFBX Library framework).
- Added: ComboBox control.
- Added: Code editor Calltips for the Frame control.
- Added: New Help system for WinFBE and WinFBX.
- Fixed: CheckBox and OptionButton now correctly test for BN_CLICKED notification.
- Fixed: "Custom Color" label in the PropertyList color picker would not display properly in WinFBE64.
- Fixed: Pressing TAB key in the Replace popup form (Ctrl+R) will now move keyboard input focus between the Find and Replace textboxes.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Thanks,
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

raymw

Thanks Paul. I like the newer help system, seems to give plenty of room for explanations, clear text, etc. However (there's usually one or two) is it possible to do a search within these files. For me, it looks as if the text is displayed in a firefox type browser, but with no controls. I've also noticed, for example in the 'resource files' help, that the code text (in the greyed region for 'function' for example), the lines of text are truncated. There is plenty of white space at each side of said code area. Hopefully I've attached a screen grab which shows the problem.

Paul Squires

That does seem like an awful lot of white space. Not the same on my system. I will check my code to see if the high dpi is affecting the non-high dpi system calculations. I can also add buttons for "Back", "Search" and maybe even "Print". Also, a splitter between the treeview and the web browser might be a good idea.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Johan Klassen

raymw

Thanks Paul my screen res is 1920 by 1080, if any use

Paul Squires

Quote from: raymw on November 09, 2018, 08:36:23 AM
...I've also noticed, for example in the 'resource files' help, that the code text (in the greyed region for 'function' for example), the lines of text are truncated.

At the bottom of that code block you should see a horizontal scroll bar that allows you to see the entire text. The text itself is not cut off, but rather, needs to be scrolled to the right. I will modify the text so that it is not initially indented. That may help get rid of the need for the horizontal scroll bar.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

The additional width is actually the borders for the webpage that is generated and displayed in the embedded web browser. The formatting of the web page is based on GitHub style markdown styles so that's why the margins may appear wide. It is for visual aesthetic purposes.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

raymw

duh - I never got to the bottom of the code panel... maybe I expected it to word-wrap like the main text

SeaVipe

Hi Paul, Thanks for the new version.
Here is a screenshot from my 1920 x 1080 monitor showing the same resource help as Ray.
The splitter you mentioned earlier sounds like a good idea. The browser side sizing could be dynamic: the wider the screen the more text/tables visible.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

I added buttons for Back, Forward, Print, and Find to the Help display dialog and it works perfectly. I'll upload a new package this weekend once I see if anything else is reported with this release.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: SeaVipe on November 09, 2018, 02:46:22 PM
The browser side sizing could be dynamic: the wider the screen the more text/tables visible.

I will play with the css used to generate the html files. Right now it appears to use a width of 728 pixels with 30 pixel padding.

body {
  -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;
  text-size-adjust: 100%;
  color: #333;
  font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, "Segoe UI", Arial, freesans, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol";
  font-size: 16px;
  line-height: 1.6;
  word-wrap: break-word;
  width: 728px;
  max-width: 99%;
  box-sizing: border-box;
  padding: 30px 30px 8rem 30px;
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
}

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Thanks, Paul,
Any chance of adding a Copy To Clipboard button for code examples? Later maybe a See Also button/link?
Can the Help Viewer be minimized or left open?
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Quote from: SeaVipe on November 09, 2018, 02:58:08 PM
Any chance of adding a Copy To Clipboard button for code examples?
That would be difficult (I think) because I don't believe such functionality is automatically built into the Markdown language. As an alternative you can highlight the code with your mouse and right click the selection to popup a menu where you can select "copy".

Later maybe a See Also button/link?
Not sure what you mean by this.

Can the Help Viewer be minimized or left open?
Oops, my fault. I meant for the Viewer to be able to be kept on screen, etc, but I failed to enable the min/max buttons or allow the window not to be foreground. I'll fix that.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

The generated HTML help file code no longer imposes a fixed page width of 728 pixels. The html help now fills most of the web browser window except for a 10 pixel padding.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

See Also:

Determined by the help topic and/or the subtopic.

EX. (WinFBE Controls Help)

TextBox (wfxTextBox)
See Also
Masked Edit (wfxMaskedEdit) and Label (wfxLabel)

Clive Richey