• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE Suite 1.8.7 (December 9, 2018)

Started by Paul Squires, December 09, 2018, 12:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaVipe

Hi Dennis, I've tried using your scenario and unable to achieve a crash. Also tried several variations on your theme and still no crash. Perhaps its an odd sequence of events/keystrokes causing this anomaly?
Clive Richey

DenWal

Thanks guys! I made a clean installation and since then the Menu Designer no longer crash. Thanks for raising issue about it.
Best regards,
Dennis

Paul Squires

I have done a lot of work on the editor over the past week. I have totally removed the multiple projects functionality and then I spent a considerable amount of time working on "quality of life" issues within the editor. Lots of tweaking and changes to make the code work better and faster. I still haven't finished all my test cases yet but the editor does work better than before.

I will spend the next couple of weeks over the holiday season working on the editor during my free time. The update in January will be a pretty big one compared to past versions. I will post code updates to GitHub in case any of you are adventurous and want to test the work in progress versions.

Here is the start of the change log for the next version:

Version 1.8.8 (not released yet)
- Added: Search textbox added to Function List (filters the function list based on the search term).
- Changed: Lots of internal code refractoring. Many efficiencies found with regards to loading files/projects, saving, and displaying files. More internal code cleanup to occur in the next few future releases.
- Changed: Removed loading of multiple projects into WinFBE at the same time.
- Changed: When project is active, "Open File" will add file to project open it. "Add Files to Project" will only add the files to the Project but not display it.
- Changed: Removed the option to display the successful compile results dialog. Result will now only show in the statusbar.
- Changed: Any missing non-English translation phrases will now use the English phrase rather than nothing at all.
- Fixed: Some issues with right-click menu on #Include line to display "Open <include filename>" when a project is open.
- Fixed: F3/Shift+F3 Find/Find Next accelerator tweaked slightly to ensure previously selected text gets searched.
- Fixed: Parsing of multiline characters where both /' and '/ appear on the same line.
- Fixed: Infinite loop when responding "No" to reload a currently loaded file that has been modified outside of WinFBE.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

Anybody?

Quote from: SeaVipe on December 09, 2018, 07:54:59 PM
I cannot find _compilelog.txt.

I appear to have set a switch somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find it!
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Quote from: SeaVipe on December 17, 2018, 02:27:24 PM

Anybody?

Quote from: SeaVipe on December 09, 2018, 07:54:59 PM
I cannot find _compilelog.txt.

I appear to have set a switch somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find it!

I am not sure what your question is? WinFBE does not use _compilelog.txt. That file is used as part of compiling with FireFly Visual Designer. In WinFBE the console output is captured to a string and parsed for errors. It is not redirected to a file like FireFly does. The log file contents are available anytime via the "View Output Window", "Compiler Log File" tab.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Thanks, Paul,
I'll stop looking for it! (I like to keep a compile log file open in Notepad++, custom colour coded for quick reference.) However, the same _compilelog.txt file was in my version of the C:\WinFBE_Suite folder until November 23rd. and has a file-date of November 11th. and it's pretty empty, 1 line: 'error 80: Invalid command-line option, "C:\SRC\BootTime\modColours.inc"', which was a legitimate error at the time and was subsequently corrected. Now I'm not sure where that file came from.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

I totally redesigned the Build Configurations dialog. Much improved. You can now manually enter options in the textbox and the listbox checkmarks will automatically select. Likewise, you can select checkmarks and the textbox will automatically update with the chosen options.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Here is the new Image Manager that is just about complete. This should be in the next update along with support in the visual designer for working with images.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

...FreeBasic Compiler has been updated to the Nov 22, 2018 Nightly Build. Will be in the next WinFBE Suite release package update.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Joerg B.

Hi Paul
I downloaded and viewed the updated version of Github. I noticed some small things.
In the Options dialog -> Build configuration "Set as default" the entry is too far to the right at least in the German translation. This truncates the entry.

The same is in the Image Manager dialog.
In the German translation the entry is displayed incompletely.
I have attached the corresponding screenshot and the current German language file.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

Thanks Joerg, I will make the necessary changes and upload again soon. If you notice anything else then certainly please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Hi Joerg,

I uploaded new files to Git that should fix the display issues with long text translations.

I also did a lot of work on the Localization language editor that was not working at all like I thought it should. It seems to work very well now and produces nicely formatted language files (see attachment).
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

A couple of updates pushed to GitHub this morning.

- Added: Next Tab, Previous Tab, Close Tab to the Search menu.
- Added: Next Function, Previous Function to the Search menu.

Keyboard shortcuts for the Next/Prev/Close Tab has existed for a very long time. I have now finally put it in the Search menu for greater clarity.

The Next/Prev Function is pretty cool and I noticed the functionality in Visual Studio. Basically, it allows you to quickly cycle to the next or previous sub/function in the current active code document. Very convenient for those of us who use keyboard shortcuts a lot.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Now working on Snippets similar to https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/userdefinedsnippets

We already have the option to automatically insert SELECT CASE, FOR/NEXT, IF/END IF etc type of structures but it would be efficient to be able to allow the user to define a snippet and have it entered by typing a trigger keyword and pressing a keyboard accelerator.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Great idea, Paul,

Would the keyboard accelerator also be user defined? (I occasionally catch myself pressing CTRL/Space to complete typing a keyword.)
Clive Richey