PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 1.9.0 (January 22, 2019)  (Read 1433 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Suite 1.9.0 (January 22, 2019)
« on: January 22, 2019, 09:03:29 PM »

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Version 1.9.0 (January 22, 2019)
- Added: Goto Header file (.bi) (Ctrl+Shift+H). Option found in Search / Code Navigation.
- Added: Goto Code file (.bas, .inc) (Ctrl+Shift+C). Option found in Search / Code Navigation.
- Added: Goto Main file (.bas) (Ctrl+Shift+M). Option found in Search / Code Navigation.
- Added: Goto Resource file (.rc) (Ctrl+Shift+R). Option found in Search / Code Navigation.
- Added: Explorer treeview subnodes to hold Header, Resource, Main, Module, Normal files (for Projects only).
- Added: User Snippets (insert user defined code snippets).
- Added: Image Manager.
- Added: Image related properties for the Button control and Form.
- Added: PictureBox control.
- Added: A search textbox added to Function List (filters the function list based on the search term).
- Added: Creating a New Project will automatically add a default empty .bas main file (unsaved) to the project for convenience.
- Added: Environment Option to Check for update at startup (once per day).
- Added: Check for Updates added to Help menu.
- Added: Next Tab, Previous Tab, Close Tab to the Search menu (Tab Navigation submenu).
- Added: Next Function (Ctrl+PgDn), Previous Function (Ctrl+PgUp) to the Search menu.
- Added: New About form replaces the generic messagebox.
- Added: Pressing F6 or selecting "Sub/Function Definition" will open any #Include file on the current editing line.
- Added: Additional info outputted to "Compile Log File" in Output window (Full compiler command line, filesize, compile time, error/warning count).
- Added: "Open Templates... (Ctrl+T)" in the "File" menu. Previously, templates could only be accessed from the Toolbar.
- Added: Sub/Function Definition (F6) will now work on Sub/Functions that are part of TYPE classes.
- Changed: You must now hold down the SHIFT key to drag and drop tabs in the top tab control to reorder any open document tabs.
- Changed: Updated FreeBasic Compiler to November 22, 2018 Nightly Build.
- Changed: Lots of internal code refractoring. Many efficiencies found with regards to loading files/projects, saving, and displaying files. More internal code cleanup to occur in the next few future releases.
- Changed: Removed loading of multiple projects into WinFBE at the same time.
- Changed: When project is active, "Open File" will add file to project open it. "Add Files to Project" will only add the files to the Project but not display it.
- Changed: Removed the option to display the successful compile results dialog. Result will now only show in the statusbar.
- Changed: Any missing non-English translation phrases will now use the English phrase rather than nothing at all.
- Changed: Moved "User Tools" from Options menu to "Tools" menu.
- Changed: File Open file types now have *.inc included in "Code files". "FB Include files" change to "Header files".
- Changed: Moved Bookmark menu entries to "Bookmarks" submenu of the "Search" menu.
- Changed: Removed the "Save Declares File" menu option as it is obsolete.
- Changed: Updated Spanish language translation file by Josť Roca.
- Changed: Updated German language translation file by Joerg Buckel.
- Changed: Updated Chinese language translation file by ganlinlao.
- Fixed: Modified English.lang file to compress by 58 entries. Other language files will need to be slightly modified by their respective authors.
- Fixed: Some issues with right-click menu on #Include line to display "Open <include filename>" when a project is open.
- Fixed: F3/Shift+F3 Find/Find Next accelerator tweaked slightly to ensure previously selected text gets searched.
- Fixed: Parsing of multiline characters where both /' and '/ appear on the same line.
- Fixed: Infinite loop when responding "No" to reload a currently loaded file that has been modified outside of WinFBE.
- Fixed: The search option for 'Sub/Function Definition (F6)" was not correctly finding SUBS (Functions worked okay).
- Fixed: Localization language editor in Environment Options / Localization not allowing editing (incorrect logic).
- Fixed: Graceful creation of a default WinFBE.ini config file should it be missing or corrupted.
- Fixed: The "Wait" cursor now correctly and consistently shows when loading a project, compiling code, or loading many files.
- Fixed: Occasional problem of resizing/dragging of Explorer panel would not stop after left mouse buttonup action.
- Fixed: No longer allow Read Only files to be edited. Statusbar message shows "Read Only".

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.9.0 (January 22, 2019)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 01:41:23 AM »

Thanks, Paul!
Just starting to work with 1.9.0 and noticed right away that the popup autocomplete has stopped working - although it was a bit finicky in some of the more recent releases. It usually works with sender. and e. but not a form name like frmMain. where the "." does nothing (in any form or module) or within a With/End With block.
I know this has been commented on in previous posts but I couldn't find them.
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

raymw

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 08:03:10 AM »

In the limited testing I've done, the autocomplete seems to work ok for me, but not tried all scenarios. Still can't get the build configuration options to perform as expected. Clive, wrt autocomplete problems, this works for me - form1.text2.text . What exactly doesn't work for you (I'm doing very basic basic)?

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 09:13:58 AM »

Also I forgot to add the auticomplete for the new PictureBox control. I will do a lot more work on the visual designer now that the code editor has been updated.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 01:27:39 PM »

@raymw
Hi Ray, Last night was an autocomplete mystery! I was working on a rather large FF3 project which was running simultaneously with WinFBE 1.9.0 and this code would not autocomplete:
Code: [Select]

Sub form_main_load()
    frmMain. '<-- dot
   'more code...

This morning it does autocomplete.

I restarted everything this morning and so far it's working. However, I did begin the session by trying "sender dot" in a form's control function which worked and was already working so from that point on dot has worked as designed. Not sure if there is a connection or not. Maybe another restart was all that was needed.
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

raymw

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 09:32:17 AM »

Hi Clive,
I've been using the gui designer of winfbe, and it prevents the use of the underscore '_' as part of an item name. I've noticed in your example that you've used 'frmMain.' within a sub of 'form_main_load' - is it a typo? If I use the gui I get this

Function form_main_Load( ByRef sender As wfxForm, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
  ' form_main.
   formmain.Text = "ddddd"
 '  frmMain.
   Function = 0
End Function

(I've commented out the ones that didn't autocomplete with it headed formmain_load (no underscore).
I entered the underscore in the editor 'twixt form and main , but gui toolbox does not show the revised name.  The result did not compile, as expected. Of course, I may be doing this completely aaf. It will only autocomplete for items that have been created, afaik, so if frmMain is not the name of an item, then it won't know that it is an item.

Best wishes,

Ray

It seems I can't find the extended editing functions wrt code,quotes,links etc. but if not clear from above ramblings, the working function is as below

Function formmain_Load( ByRef sender As wfxForm, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
  ' form_main.
   formmain.Text = "ddddd"
 '  frmMain.
   Function = 0
End Function

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:50:59 AM by raymw »

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 12:00:12 PM »

@raymw

Thanks, Ray,

The sub form_main_load is in the module mMain.bas and is called from frmMain.inc:

Function frmMain_Load( ByRef sender As wfxForm, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT

'' Set control's properties
    form_main_load()
    ? "Finished with Function form_main_load() "; Time
    Function = 0

End Function

All appears to be working properly now without any interference from me!
BTW, I'm a little unclear as to file naming conventions except for .bi for header files. Maybe modules s/b .bas and forms .inc

Clive Richey

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.9.0 (January 22, 2019) - Normal vs Module
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »

Hi Paul,

In my WinFBE test project, there are several modules (one a .inc the other a .bas) that have been designated as "Normal" since the project's start and they compile properly. In Explorer they appear in the Normal list along with Forms with a .inc extension. Changing the module files (not the form files) from Normal to Module causes multiple errors and a compiler fail. Change them back to Normal and the project compiles properly.

Also, #Include a formerly unused/non-project file as an experiment like #Include Once "mTest.bas" with a single Function and the project will compile and the Function can be called and it returns the correct value. Force a code error in mTest.bas using an external editor (I used NotePad++) and the compiler will throw an error and WinFBE opens the file to the offending line. However, the file also opens as a "Module" file which is displayed in the Explorer list as a Module not a Normal (which is expected).

So far so good.
Fix the error but leave the file open in WinFBE and the project won't compile. Multiple errors are caught in exiting project files that have previously compiled without errors.
Remove mTest.bas file from the project - but leaving the #Include Once "mTest.bas" and the project once again compiles properly. Or, leave the file in the editor but change it from Module to Normal and the project compiles without errors.

I've read through the help files but I'm missing the bit that tells me what I'm doing wrong. Operator Error!
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 04:21:06 PM »

Hi Clive, I think you're on the right track and you've pretty much answered your own question as you've worked through your scenario. When you *.bas error file loaded into the Project, it gets loaded as a "Module". So, basically that .bas file gets compiled to an object file and gets combined with the Main .bas to form an exe. However, in your case it is also #Included so it is there twice. Also, if you haven't set the .bas file up correctly as a "Module" then it may throw errors as well (eg. no corresponding header file that helps import the correct TYPE's, COMMON, etc from other modules).

If you are #Including files then I would steer clear of using the *.bas file extension. Keep them in *.bi or *.inc files.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 04:49:31 PM »

Thanks, Paul, so the attached image is correctly showing and error?

Only one Sub in modColours.inc

#Include Once "frmMain.inc" '' <-- same compiler error with or without this line.

Sub clrs()

With frmMain

.Combo1.Items.Add("BGR(240,248,255)")
'' Lots more items added...
        .Combo1.Items.Add("BGR(255,255,  0)")
        .Combo1.Items.Add("BGR(139,205, 50)")

.Combo1.SelectedIndex = 0

End With

End Sub

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 04:58:00 PM by SeaVipe »
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 05:51:27 PM »

The problem is that you have "modColours.inc" defined as a "Module". The *.inc file extension is causing the FB compiler to complain or identify it as a command line parameter. The FB compiler expects only *.bas files to be compiled into object files. I bet if you changed the name to "modColours.bas" it would probably compile somewhat.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 06:56:17 PM by Paul Squires »
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 04:25:26 PM »

Hi Paul,
Thanks, but that change caused a whole bunch more errors. I've reverted back to the original code and file extensions and returned the offending files back to "Normal". Now the project compiles without errors or warnings. I'll post my findings when I have time to figure out what I screwed up!
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 11:53:14 PM »

Your change caused more errors because there are other things that you need to do to ensure that the routines inside your Module are visible to the rest of your program once it is compiled. If you have TYPEs, ENUMs, subs/functions declarations then you should put them in a Header file and include that Header in the Module file and also any other file in your program that calls functions or references things in your Module. If you have to share variables between the Module and other files then you need to use the COMMON statement. It can be cumbersome and is really unnecessary if you  stick to the way we've been doing from our old PowerBasic days - basically having a Main file and #Include all files into the file. I only include the ability to create Modules in WinFBE because it is a style that some FB programmers prefer (it is very old school C/C++ but certainly has merits). WinFBE is flexible for the programmer to choose whichever method they prefer.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 05:18:34 PM by Paul Squires »
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Massimiliano

• Little Newbie
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 01:01:47 PM »

Hello,
I noticed that the text search box (CTRL+F) doesn't stay docked to the main form upon window move/resize.

Massimiliano

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 05:48:35 PM »

Hello,
I noticed that the text search box (CTRL+F) doesn't stay docked to the main form upon window move/resize.

Massimiliano

Thanks Massimiliano, yes you are right. I will fix that.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
Pages: [1] 2