• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

Completely off the forum

Started by Petrus Vorster, June 27, 2019, 04:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petrus Vorster

Hi Guys

Another challenging day down here.
This has nothing to do with this forum, but i was hoping someone managed to Google or used something similar.

Our small town council (Like just about everything else) had gone bankrupt. Like in 100%.
They don't have a darn penny to their names and monthly municipal rates and taxes bills are no longer send out.
They cannot afford postage and most of their equipment had been seized for bad debt too.

There are no software developers here, even less that will work for free.
Since its a small town, someone knows i have made a free system for the Postal sector for bulk SMS notices.

But their situation is far more complex.
How do one get a "printed" statement to say email to those who has email, print for those who does not and SMS for those who can work on an SMS? We have just started to Explore the WhatsApp API down here and well, most of their equipment no longer exists.
(A server does not exist. perhaps two I5's at most.)

I can get the statements to PDF using a free PDF writer, but to "sort" them will need some indicator within the PDF, or a print-job name PER bill.
At my own workplace i have a printer that one can send a huge print job to and it can email them out with some prior setups.

I am just thinking if you need to bill 5000 people from a pc that doesn't have the software that can do that, and you basically have to do everything for free, how will you go about it?
(D.I.Y. Paperless billing)

-Thanks for always helping out.
It's much appreciated.

-Peter
-Regards
Peter

Paul Squires

Wow! Peter that's brutal.

How about a simple, low tech solution. Embed the type of recipient into the file name.... say, at the end of the name, and then sort using that letter. P:paper, S:sms, E:email.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer