PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: gui compiling problem.  (Read 275 times)

raymw

gui compiling problem.
« on: September 20, 2019, 06:21:44 PM »

This is a problem I've been getting. I run the program within winfbe editor. everything fine. I change the options to gui-release, (same for others I've tested) and it runs OK, no compiler warnings. I close the editor, and drag/drop as shortcut to the program.exe to desktop. I try running from the shortcut, but get the windows hourglass, then that disappears, program apparently not running. I try running exe from the fbe project folder, same result. I open winfbe, says can't compile the basic program since it's already running. I check, and there are two active instances of the program running. I remove them, it then compiles with a warning about linking failing. I try compiling again, get no warnings, running fine. If I set the compile option to console, and drag to desktop etc, then I get the console window, but no gui. Is the exe looking for a dll or something, in a path  it finds when running under winfbe, but not if anywhere else? this is version 1.91, since 1.92 seemed a bit iffy. Maybe it's the way I write my software... this rate I'll be back to version 1.01

In case you're as stumped as I am I found the answer, I think. I can run it as administrator. Just the once, it lets the over enthusiastic virus protection identify it as being ok. When the exe is initially run from outside the winfbe wrapper, the vp stops any unknown program from reading/writing to disk. It usually pops up a message to say it's been blocked, but somehow that's not happened. Well, I think that's what happening.

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: gui compiling problem.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 10:42:09 PM »

...Is the exe looking for a dll or something, in a path  it finds when running under winfbe, but not if anywhere else?...

No, WinFBE doesn't link to any dll during the compile process or when it runs (well, obviously, none other than the normal Windows system dll's that are part of every normal compilation to create an EXE).
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer