PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 1.9.3 (September 30, 2019)  (Read 332 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Suite 1.9.3 (September 30, 2019)
« on: September 30, 2019, 08:41:28 PM »

Version 1.9.3 (September 30, 2019)
- Changed: Updated WinFBE source code to be FB 1.07.1 compatible. WinFBE32.exe and WinFBE64.exe compiled using FB 1.07.1-gcc-5.2.
- Changed: Updated Italian language translation file thanks to Massimiliano.
- Changed: Updated German language translation file thanks to Joerg Buckel.
- Added: Alternate toolchains for gcc versions 8.3 and 9.2. Use the user Tool SetCompilerPathsII to switch between toolchains.
- Added: Config file is re-read just prior to starting the compiling process. Useful for 3rd party tools that modify the config.
- Alternate GCC Toolchains for versions 8.3 and 9.2 available as separate downloads.
- Fixed: For TextBox and RichEdit the default value for CharacterCasing was being set as "CharacterCasing.Normal" when it should have been "CharacterCase.Normal".
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Joerg Buckel

• FF3 and WinFBE+WinFBX User
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.9.3 (September 30, 2019)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 08:44:04 AM »

Hello Paul
Many thanks for the new version of WinFBE.
I installed the new version right away and wanted to compile a change in a program.

However, I get the following error:

E:\WinFBE_Suite\PROJEKT\Pipeline.bas(1244) error 42: Variable not declared, CharacterCasing
E:\WinFBE_Suite\PROJEKT\Pipeline.bas(1261) error 99: No matching overloaded function, CHARACTERCASING()
E:\WinFBE_Suite\PROJEKT\Pipeline.bas(1283) error 99: No matching overloaded function, CHARACTERCASING()

I don't get the error in version 1.9.2.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

raymw

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 10:36:49 AM »

Hi Joerg,
Thanks, saved me downloading it. In the past, I've had that type of error. If you open the basic file in notepad++, the line numbers tie up, and you'll most likely find a line number in notepad++ 1244 with Character casing. Going back before that line, you will most likely find the object the definition it is part of. I've found that then opening the winfbe designer for that button/textbox/whatever, I can replace it with something that works. I'm guessing it may be charactercase, not charactercasing.
Now I've tried to help you, perhaps you could see if the graphics code example Paul posted in my 'find and replace' thread (just below this one) works for you.
Best wishes,

Ray

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 12:23:01 PM »

To fix the charactercasing problem you need to go to each TextBox on your form and click on the property called ``CharacterCasing`and click the dropdown combobox and select the correct value. The dropdown values had changed from "CharacterCasing." to CharacterCase."

Pain in the butt, sorry.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

raymw

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 03:01:58 PM »

Blimey, i got something right...

raymw

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 05:15:50 PM »

Just installed 1.9.3 from your github. A few glitches so far. Trying Jose's graphics, it fellover with trying to find the ffb compilers. (it looked in a much shorter location directory name, than that it unzips to. Then it compiles with an error message that it can't find upx.exe. I've not got any file by that name on my pc, but the graphics seemed to work OK
full path name C:\PSS121\FB\Tools\upx-3.95-win32\upx.exe. same pop up message in 32 and 64 bit. I've no ps121 on pc, either.
This did not occur in version 1.92, guess it's a later fb problem. I'm not sure what else might crop up.
the upx.exe is some sort of exe file compressor, or a virus. Whichever, I don't want it, and I do not want the pop-up message. So, how to remove.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:53:52 PM by raymw »