PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mail REST API  (Read 251 times)

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
Mail REST API
« on: October 09, 2019, 03:13:21 PM »

Has anyone experience with the Outlook Mail REST API? I'm looking to get basic Office 365 email information from my own emails stored on my PC. I would like to retrieve Sender/Receiver, Date, Body etc. I've read through a lot of posts on this forum but they are mostly PowerBasic which I am completely unfamiliar with and do not want to attempt porting to FreeBasic/WinFBE.
Any help/ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

raymw

Re: Mail REST API
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 07:23:38 AM »

Hi Clive, I'd help, if I could, but I do not use Outlook or Office. I used to use Eudora? for emails, but it screwed up my emails some years ago, so since then I've used Thunderbird. My emails are filtered to different folders as they arrive, and I have them back to 1998, and they are easily retrieved using Thunderbird, or since they are stored, in my case, as text files, by any other method I wish. (20GB of useless emails, though...). I also use Mailwasher, which allows me to pre-filter/delete the spam to save me from downloading it. As I'm not peripatetic, I do not need to leave my emails on my isp's server.

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
Re: Mail REST API
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 01:58:22 PM »

Thanks, Ray. Eudora?! There's a blast-from-the-past! For years I was an itinerant technical salesman and after much trial and error, Office turned out to be the best way for me to have my wordprocessor, spreadsheet and email with me on my travels.
My main application (AKA an endless work-in-progress) is a CRM based on an old Ashton-Tate dBase .prg I wrote a very long time ago. Over the years it slowly morphed into a VB app and then a FireFly app and, when out of beta, a WinFBE app. Accessing the outlook.pst file would be a way to keep all electronic communication grouped together for an individual account. So far I can see-at-a-glance calls, texts and manually input journal entries. Currently, I copy/paste the body of an email into a journal entry only if it is or could become part of a business transaction. So having my emails as an accessible database would save a bunch of time. Maybe this is where SQLite3 comes into play?
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill