• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE - Compiler Error

Started by SeaVipe, November 20, 2019, 03:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaVipe

After changing some project file names and reloading the project, I'm getting the following compiler error:

compiling rc:               C:\WinFBE_Suite\FreeBASIC-1.07.1-gcc-5.2\bin\win64\GoRC.exe /ni /nw /o /machine X64 /fo "C:\SRC\CRM\TMPE9A1.obj" "C:\SRC\CRM\TMPE9A1.rc"
ÿþE
Including those 3 charachters on a separate line.
I've had this problem before but I can't find the solution in my notes.
Couldn't find an answer on FB forum.
Clive Richey

Johan Klassen

just a thought, replace gorc.exe with the latest

Paul Squires

I think that if you change file structures and copy existing project/form files into it then the references to images that are present in those form files are NOT updated to reflect the new folder structure. This could be the reason that the resource compile is failing. Maybe try re-selecting the images contained in your file. If this is actually the problem then I will have to put code in to warn the user that references to images are no longer valid (rather than spit out incorrect image filenames to the resource file that gets compiled).
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

Thanks, Johan, I'll do that.
Paul, I had yet to get to adding images to any forms. However, the image manager only had 1 entry (WINFBE RCDATA) which was referencing a non-existent image. (IE click on the image name and NO image appeared and NO file name was displayed.) After removing the image from the image manager I added an image to a form and now the app compiles correctly - problem solved, thanks.
Clive Richey