PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE (64 and 32) 1.9.0 and 1.9.9 - Form's Property  (Read 203 times)

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
WinFBE (64 and 32) 1.9.0 and 1.9.9 - Form's Property
« on: November 20, 2019, 06:04:57 PM »

With 2 or more forms open in the visual designer, changing many of the properties for a form, then changing tabs to another form will match the property to the previous forms setting and set the form's need-to-be-saved flag (shows an asterisk beside the second forms name). Makes no difference whether or not the first form was saved.
I tried this with multiple forms open. All open forms where changed as I clicked on the next forms tab in Design not Code mode. (No change if the tab is set to Code only when it's set to Design.)
Some changes aren't accepted as there may be an existing setting preventing that from occurring.
Similar results with WinFBE 1.9.0.

Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE (64 and 32) 1.9.0 and 1.9.9 - Form's Property
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 10:26:59 AM »

Hi Clive,

I see the problem. The save asterisk "*" appears because there is a bug when switching forms whereby when the new form gets focus, WinFBE will attempt to position the property listbox to the same named property that you were working on in the previous form. Nothing wrong with that....but, it also brings forward the previous Property VALUE as well. So, say for example, you selected "Enabled" to "False" and then immediately switched to another form, then that form's "Enabled" property would also switch to "False".

I have this narrowed down to properties that are based on combobox choices. It appears to be related based on the sequence of how the listbox is loaded and the firing of the CBN_SELCHANGE notification for the combobox properties.

I am investigating and hope to have a solid fix soon.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE (64 and 32) 1.9.0 and 1.9.9 - Form's Property
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 10:35:09 AM »

It's funny how the brain works. No sooner than I had posted the above message, it popped in my head where the problem may lie. Sure enough, removing code from the Toolbox form that dealt with the form becoming ACTIVE/INACTIVE solved the problem.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer