PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE - Visual Designer - Update - 2020-Apr-06 And 2020-May-6  (Read 441 times)

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
WinFBE - Visual Designer - Update - 2020-Apr-06 And 2020-May-6
« on: December 20, 2019, 02:25:01 PM »

Hi Paul, Scrolling the Designer vertically or horizontally only keeps the original view in the designer. The bottom or right portion is not scrolled, shows as just background colour.
The width can be refreshed by resizing the designer window but the bottom of a large form cannot be viewed by grabbing the bottom of the window after scrolling down; it simply snaps the controls in the designer back to the top.
------------------------------
Update - 2020-Apr-06 - WinFBE 2.1.0
Have you had a chance to review this issue yet, Paul?
By rotating my monitor 90 Deg right and setting the display orientation to Portrait, I can get the visual designer to display the entire height of the form (unlike in the original screenshot attached) but not the width.
New animated GIF added for clarity.
------------------------------
Update - 2020-May-06 - WinFBE 2.1.4
In an attempt to determine if this issue is connected to my PC, I loaded WinFBE 2.1.4 onto my personal laptop. This laptop has no programming software of any sort, a new hard drive with Win 10 Pro.
The issue persists. :0(
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 12:59:14 PM by SeaVipe »
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

raymw

Re: WinFBE - Visual Designer
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 01:23:56 PM »

Hi Clive, I've not had that happen, but thought I'd write an example program to show what I was doing wrt scrolling. Simple listview with two columns. Started off fine, then completely went haywire. i ended up with two horizontal scroll bars, and vertical scrolling filled the list view completely with horizontal scroll bars! I'm going to try to get back in my file history, to see if I can get an earlier version that worked.

raymw

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 02:05:28 PM »

Hi Clive,

Code: [Select]
''
''  Remove the following Application.Run code if it used elsewhere in your application.
Application.Run(Form1)

''
Dim shared as integer n(200),r(200),startp,maxstart  ' n, r are arrays of values
' startp is start posion of display of arrays , maxstart is maximum start position to fill display

function setuparrays() as Long

for j as integer =0 to 200
        n(j) = j
        r(j) = int(rnd*500)
     next j

function=0
  end function

function makedisplay(first as integer) as Long     '
   'sets up viewlist for 25 lines and fills it with values from n and r

form1.listview1.items.clear
     dim i as integer
   for j as integer =first to 24+first
             i=form1.listview1.items.add( str( n(j)))
             form1.listview1.item(i).subitems.add(str(r(j)))
   next j

function=0
end function
''
''
Function Form1_minus10_Click( ByRef sender As wfxButton, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
   startp=startp-10
   if startp<0 then startp=0
   makedisplay(startp)
   Function = 0
End Function
''
''
Function Form1_plus10_Click( ByRef sender As wfxButton, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
   startp=startp+10
   if startp> maxstart then startp=maxstart
   makedisplay(startp)
    Function = 0
End Function

''
''
Function Form1_Load( ByRef sender As wfxForm, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
           setuparrays()
           startp=0
           maxstart= 200-24         ' length of arrays minus size of display
            makedisplay(startp)
   Function = 0
End Function

''
''
Function Form1_Initialize( ByRef sender As wfxForm, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
   ' set up list view

form1.listview1.columns.add ("Number",70,textalignment.left)
     form1.listview1.columns.add ("Random number",100,textalignment.left)

Function = 0
End Function

''
Function Form1_Resize( ByRef sender As wfxForm, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
    form1.listview1.height= form1.height -150
   Function = 0
End Function

I managed to go back, and added a bit to get it working. Make a form, form1, set events to load, initialise, resize. add a couple of buttons -'plus10' and 'minus10' and listview1 about 130 high and 170 wide, everything else on defaults, afaik. It should work. It is how I have to handle listviews of my large files, the display lines are set, in my case to be the maximum size/number I can get on my screen (not so in this example) If you mess with it too much, I expect it will fall over again. I hope the comments/variable names are self explanatory. You can make the listview width to, say, 60 or 260 to see if the horizontal scroll works as expected.
hth, Best wishes,

Ray

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 02:57:48 PM »

Thanks, Ray!
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!