PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE - 2.0.2 - Code Editor Text Colour  (Read 416 times)

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
WinFBE - 2.0.2 - Code Editor Text Colour
« on: January 07, 2020, 12:43:44 PM »

Hi Paul,
In the following line of code, all colour from the # to the right is colour as TEXT. Everything to the left of the # (excluding the #) is correctly coloured as per the Colors And Fonts settings. This colouring only affects the subject line.
Code: [Select]
Dim as Long o = Open( This.jdb_file_name For Random Access Read as #ff Len = Sizeof( js ) )
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE - 2.0.2 - Code Editor Text Colour
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 01:35:01 PM »

Thanks Clive - yes, I've seen similar situations like that with the # hash symbol. It is related to the internal language definition used in my version of the Scintilla editing control. Some day I need to better learn C++ and understand the code that I am using for that language parser.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
Re: WinFBE - 2.0.2 - StatusBar - Observations
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 04:13:31 PM »

Thanks, Paul.
- Another oddity, my app has a sub form with a statusbar control. At run time, the first time the form is shown the statusbar works as designed, the second and subsequent times the form is opened the statusbar is hidden. A restart of the app restores the sub form's statusbar for its one and only appearance. .Show and .Refresh have no visible effect.
- When the sub form is Closed, the parent form's StatusBar is momentarily hidden and then shown (with or without updates to Panel().Text). (This also happens to a Calendar control on the parent form and simultaneously to the Calendar control in the WinFBE Visual Designer)
- The StatusBar font cannot be changed, the following code has no effect:

'' Example: (Doesn't appear to be enabled, but compiles OK.)
frmMain.StatusBar.Font = New wfxFont("Consolas", 10, FontStyles.Bold, FontCharset.Ansi)
- StatusBarPanelBorderStyle: Raised and Sunken both appear as Flat; None works.

Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »

- Another oddity, my app has a sub form with a statusbar control. At run time, the first time the form is shown the statusbar works as designed, the second and subsequent times the form is opened the statusbar is hidden. A restart of the app restores the sub form's statusbar for its one and only appearance. .Show and .Refresh have no visible effect.

This is now (finally) fixed. The same problem would happen with MainMenus and ToolBars.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 03:43:05 PM »

Thanks, Paul!
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 12:53:27 PM »

- The StatusBar font cannot be changed, the following code has no effect:

frmMain.StatusBar.Font = New wfxFont("Consolas", 10, FontStyles.Bold, FontCharset.Ansi)

This is now fixed and will be in the 2.0.3 update.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 12:59:12 PM »

- StatusBarPanelBorderStyle: Raised and Sunken both appear as Flat; None works.

Based on my tests, it appears that sunken and raised only have effect if the Windows Theme support is disabled for the application. Obviously, I will not be removing (or allow to be removed) theme support from WinFBE applications so I will remove these panel type options from the WinFBE designer.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software