PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE 2.1.0 Recent Projects List  (Read 264 times)

Paul65

• Little Newbie
WinFBE 2.1.0 Recent Projects List
« on: April 12, 2020, 01:16:49 PM »

There seems to be a minor quirk with WinFBE.  I put the WinFBE files on the F: drive of my computer.  My projects were put on the C: drive.  When doing this, the recent project lists did not work.  It stayed empty.  When I put the WinFBE files on my C: drive the recent project list worked properly.  It seems like the use of {CURDRIVE} in the WinFBE.ini file requires everything to be on the same drive.

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE 2.1.0 Recent Projects List
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 02:27:03 PM »

Yes, that is correct. When writing the editor I had a huge need to be able to have the program and projects accessible regardless of what drive letter got assigned to the drive it was operating off of. This works great when both are on the same drive, but sadly, as you have noticed, it fails when the application is on one drive and the projects on a different drive. Not sure how satisfy both use cases? Maybe an option setting that allows for "portability" by using {CURDRIVE} and when not active, will use absolute drive and file names instead(?)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 02:32:07 PM »

...use absolute drive and file names instead(?)
I should think that 'Absolute...' would work with Find In Files.
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 02:55:00 PM »

The more I think of this, it may be just as simple as checking to see if the files/projects being accessed are on the same drive as the application. If yes, then use {CURDRIVE}, if not, then store the absolute file path in the recent files list. I'll look at the code later.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 08:49:48 PM »

I have this fixed now. The problem was a little more off base than what was described in these previous posts. I was using one function to handle both cases of filepaths relative to an active project, and filepaths relative to the WinFBE application. By separating these two different events into two separate functions and calling the appropriate function as dictated by the situation, I was able to ensure that the {CURDRIVE} situation is handled correctly.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software