PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE - Function List  (Read 208 times)

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
WinFBE - Function List
« on: April 12, 2020, 03:55:01 PM »

Hi Paul, I've had some issues in the past with F6 and the Editor DropDown List not being able to find/display a known Function or Sub. Today I discovered that the Comment pair /' '/ are to some extent causing the problem. Inline version has no adverse effect.
Code: [Select]
/' This does not stop the Function/Sub from being included in the Function List '/
' But...
/'
    This blocks the Function/Sub from being included in the Function List
'/
/' '/ Used at Module Level does not appear to cause the same problem.
Follow-Up: My first attempt to compile after removing the /' '/ pair resulted in a WinFBE crash. I've been unable to compile this project since...(Other projects compile okay.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 04:14:19 PM by SeaVipe »
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE - Function List
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 04:16:26 PM »

Hi Clive,

I'm curious about the line:

/' This does not stop the Function/Sub from being included in the Function List '/

How do you have sub/function all on one line? If I remember correctly, the parser looks for FUNCTION / END FUNCTION on separate lines. It doesn't look at DECLARE FUNCTION lines when deciding whether to include the function in the list.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
Re: WinFBE - Function List
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »

Sorry, not too clear.
When the Comment Pair is all on one line like:
/' this is a comment '/ no problem.
When the Comment Pair is used over a number of lines like this:
/'
Comment
Comment
Etc.
'/
Then the Function or Sub that the Comment Pair is used in will not appear in the Function List when F4 is pressed or in the Editor's dropdown Function list.
When used at module level, outside of a Function or Sub, no matter which version - inline or multiline, the function list is populated correctly.
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!