PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 2.1.3 (April 18, 2020)  (Read 685 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Suite 2.1.3 (April 18, 2020)
« on: April 18, 2020, 01:28:01 PM »

Version 2.1.3 (April 18, 2020)
Editor:
- Added: Character Autocompletion option (enabled by default) adapted from code located at: https://github.com/jacobslusser/ScintillaNET/wiki/Character-Autocompletion
- Added: New Auto Indentation sub option "Append loop variable to For/Next statement". (disabled by default)

Visual Designer:
- Fixed: Errors occuring in MAIN file for a visual designer project would cause "WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas" to be loaded into the editor. The correct designated MAIN file is now loaded.
- Fixed: wfxTextBox.SelectionLength() was returning negative lengths.

Download from: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
Re: WinFBE Suite 2.1.3 (April 18, 2020)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 03:30:34 PM »

Thanks for the new Version, Paul!
My first attempt at compiling: WinFBE 2.1.3 removed all of the wfxMonthCalendar and wfxDateTimePicker controls. There were 2 of each, 1 on the Main form and 3 on a subform. Of course, compile failed miserably. I replaced all 4 controls and now compiling completes without errors or warnings. One oddity after the first fail was that (I didn't notice this until after the fact) the build had switched from Win64 Console (Debug) to Win32 Console (Release). I seldom check this as I leave it set to Win64 Console (Debug) for all projects.
3 other projects compiled properly the first time, they don't contain wfxMonthCalendar or wfxDateTimePicker controls. However I did get warnings initially because of the aforementioned Win64 Console (Debug) build option not being set, but they still compiled okay.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 03:33:52 PM by SeaVipe »
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 04:59:50 PM »

Hmmm... that is extremely strange behaviour. I have not done anything to those two controls in a very long time. Odd. I'll definitely have to think about this one!
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Joerg Buckel

• FF3 and WinFBE+WinFBX User
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 02:20:35 PM »

Hello Paul

I have updated from version 2.08 to version 2.1.3.
Now existing projects can no longer be compiled.

As error for the abort it is indicated that for example the variable "mainFrm" is not declared.

Have I missed a development?  ;D ;D
Kompilierung fehlgeschlagen (Fehler 11  Warnungen 0  [2020-04-19  07:16:12])

Befehlszeile:
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\FreeBASIC-1.07.1-gcc-5.2\fbc64.exe -m "Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas" "Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\resource.rc" -v -s gui -x "..\Test_64.exe" -gen gcc -O 2 -target win64

FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 1.07.1 (2019-09-27), built for win64 (64bit)
Copyright (C) 2004-2019 The FreeBASIC development team.
standalone
target:       win64, x86-64, 64bit
compiling:    Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas -o Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.c (main module)
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(46) error 42: Variable not declared, frmMain
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(53) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'frmMain'
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(54) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'frmMain'
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(55) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'frmMain'
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(56) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'frmMain'
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(57) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'frmMain'
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(58) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'frmMain'
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(61) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'frmMain'
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(64) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'frmMain'
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(67) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'frmMain'
Y:\WinFBE_Suite\Eigene Programme\Pipeline\Source\WinFBE_VD_MAIN.bas(67) error 133: Too many errors, exiting
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 02:22:17 PM by Joerg Buckel »
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »

Hi Joerg,

Is the MAIN file in your project a Form file? That is an error I noticed earlier today and fixed. If that is the case, until the next update is released you may want to create a *.bas file and set that as the MAIN file and then put your Application.Run(frmMain) into that file.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Joerg Buckel

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 04:09:19 PM »

Hello Paul
You're right. With me, the main file is a form file.  :)
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Joerg Buckel

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 06:47:12 AM »

Hello Paul

Then maybe it is not too late to include the current language file into the package?  :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 06:49:02 AM by Joerg Buckel »
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 08:55:44 AM »

Thanks Joerg  :)
I'll get an update uploaded soon.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Gregory Mayo

• Little Newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 03:49:02 AM »

Hi Paul

I haven't had much to do with FB for quite some time, having been distracted by Visual Studio and .Net. So I decided to see what the present situation was with the designer and I admit it is certainly taking shape. I just had a quick play with the designer and noticed a couple of things. If I add any control to the form, I am unable to make copies that control from the keyboard (ctl-c & ctl-v). I can by using the Edit Menu  copy and paste, well sort of.
 The pasted controls are not visible on the form and this is because they are located outside the form margins. For example, button#1 at top = 61 and left = 180, button#2 at top = -2 and left = -182, button#3 at top = -2 and left = -184.

Also i was unable to modify the properties of multiple controls at the same time, i.e. selecting (say) three controls and entering common properties for size etc. It didn't matter if they were selected by rubber banding or by individual selection with ctl-click. Maybe this function has not yet been implemented.

As I said, the project has come along a fair way since I last looked at it and is shaping up to be the VD for FB.

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 08:20:40 AM »

Hi Gregory, thanks for the feedback. As you've noticed, there are still a few quirks with the copy/paste. I have made note of all of your comments and will work on polishing them up and getting them into the designer. The multiple common property editing has not yet been implemented. The negative value offsets for copied controls I've seen before and I have a good idea as to why that is happening. I'll also look at allowing keyboard shortcuts for the copy/paste.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
Re: WinFBE Suite 2.1.3 (April 18, 2020) - Visual Designer - Popup Menu
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »

Good morning, For me, the Popup Menu works best for positioning a Copied control. Right-click the control to be copied then position the mouse pointer on the form where the pasted control is (roughly) to be located then right-click and select Paste. This will place the top-left of the pasted control under the mouse pointer where the mouse pointer was positioned at the moment Popup Menu 'Paste' option was selected. With a little practice, the pasted control will be more or less where it's wanted.
Perhaps the Pasted control could be anchored to the mouse pointer for final positioning. :0)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 12:21:56 PM by SeaVipe »
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!