PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 2.1.4 (April 26, 2020)  (Read 611 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Suite 2.1.4 (April 26, 2020)
« on: April 26, 2020, 03:22:36 PM »

Version 2.1.4 (April 26, 2020)
Editor:
- Changed: Updated David Robert's User Tools for SetCompilerPathsII, SetCompilerSwitchsII, and ArchSettings to the latest version.
- Fixed: WinFBE would not correctly save its startup size/position if the editor had been "Aero snapped" via a Windows docking action such as docking it to the left hand side of the screen via a Winkey+LeftArrow keypress.
- Fixed: Duplicate controls would result if reloading a Form file modified by an external program.

Visual Designer:
- Added: Keyboard shortcuts for cut/copy/paste now works for visual designer controls.
- Added: FormReady event for Forms that fires when the Form is ready for user interaction.
- Changed: Control ID identifiers for all controls on a Form now start at 9000 and increment +1 for each added control.
- Fixed: Controls with Image properties would not correctly show the actual image when the form is loaded into the editor.
- Fixed: Corrected regression whereby duplicate definition errors for Form file if it is also the MAIN code file.
- Fixed: Statusbar control identifier was hardcoded as 100 potentially causing conflict with CreateWindowEX controls that may be added by the user.
- Fixed: Statusbar Editor initially set colors needed a mouseover in order for the correct colors to display.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
WinFBE Suite 2.1.4 - Label Text Alignment
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 01:57:42 PM »

Hi Paul, The CRLF character pair (Chr(13,10)) is ignored when a Label control's Text Alignment property is set to anything other than TopCenter, TopLeft or TopRight. I've experimented using a very large label and a very small font but the result is always the same. Just wondering if this behaviour is by design?
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE Suite 2.1.4 (April 26, 2020)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 06:02:31 PM »

Hi Clive, yes this is by design because of the way that the DrawText api is designed. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winuser/nf-winuser-drawtext

The Label control in WinFBE is OwnerDrawn and uses DrawText for the output. If you read the DrawText documentation you will see that in order to use DT_BOTTOM or the DT_VCENTER flag then you must also use the DT_SINGLELINE flag (which obviously prevents the use of CR/LF). Maybe there is a way around this but I have not found it.

Code: [Select]
      Case LabelAlignment.BottomCenter: wsStyle = DT_CENTER Or DT_BOTTOM  or DT_SINGLELINE
      Case LabelAlignment.BottomLeft:   wsStyle = DT_LEFT   Or DT_BOTTOM  or DT_SINGLELINE
      Case LabelAlignment.BottomRight:  wsStyle = DT_RIGHT  Or DT_BOTTOM  or DT_SINGLELINE
      Case LabelAlignment.MiddleCenter: wsStyle = DT_CENTER Or DT_VCENTER or DT_SINGLELINE
      Case LabelAlignment.MiddleLeft:   wsStyle = DT_LEFT   Or DT_VCENTER or DT_SINGLELINE
      Case LabelAlignment.MiddleRight:  wsStyle = DT_RIGHT  Or DT_VCENTER or DT_SINGLELINE
      Case LabelAlignment.TopCenter:    wsStyle = DT_CENTER Or DT_TOP     or DT_WORDBREAK
      Case LabelAlignment.TopLeft:      wsStyle = DT_LEFT   Or DT_TOP     or DT_WORDBREAK
      Case LabelAlignment.TopRight:     wsStyle = DT_RIGHT  Or DT_TOP     or DT_WORDBREAK
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 06:17:02 PM »

As long as the limitations are known to a WinFBE user then it shouldn't cause too much grief. :)
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 06:50:59 PM »

Lol, yes it will be in the 10,000 page help file that I'm working on  :-)    :-)    :-)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 02:20:17 PM »

Hi Paul, Interesting behaviour:
Visual Designer:
- Added: Keyboard shortcuts for cut/copy/paste now works for visual designer controls.

In VD, on a large Form, I used the popup menu for copy/paste to add a Label with the same properties as an existing Label - worked properly and named Label1. To change the Label's Name property I copied some text from the Code Editor and Pasted it into the Name Property of the new Label. For a moment I thought I saw the Name Property display Label2 but then my Pasted text appeared. All looked okay so I successfully Compiled and Ran the app. The new Label (which was a temporary replacement of a Button mentioned in a previous post) would not respond to mouse moves or clicks while its original, copied Label was responding correctly. Returning to the VD I discovered that the Label was in fact Label2 not a renamed Label1 (which was hidden underneath a ListView control). I deleted Label2 and using the drop-down Controls list, was able to highlight the renamed Label1 and manually position it.
The long and the short of it is that somehow my CTRL/V keyboard action pasted some text into the Label1 Name property and also created a second copy of the original Label, Label2.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 06:25:15 PM »

The long and the short of it is that somehow my CTRL/V keyboard action pasted some text into the Label1 Name property and also created a second copy of the original Label, Label2.

Ahhh, yes, now I remember why I never ever enabled keyboard shortcuts for copy/pasting controls. If a property in the Property list in the Toolbox had focus then whatever was in the clipboard would get inserted there (because that's where the Focus is). Controls on a Form never truly get keyboard focus because they were never designed that way. I will have to look at this again more closely.

....at least, I think this is what is happening.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 06:41:11 PM by Paul Squires »
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

ji_vildaasen

• Little Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 05:39:42 PM »

I'm experiencing that some times when adding a new "Type/End Type" the new type name is not added to the autocomplete list. I have tried to save and reload the file, but that didn't change the autocomplete list. Is there a way to manually update the autocomplete list, or should this happen automatically?

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 06:14:12 AM »

Hi, it should happen automatically. Does it only happen with that one Type/End Type that you entered, or does it happen on all Types, or just occasionally with no real pattern? Can you post the beginning few lines of the Type structure that is not being recognized?
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

ji_vildaasen

• Little Newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 05:59:45 PM »

Making a new file and typing this:

Type Test1

a as Integer
   b as Integer

end type

Type Test2

c as Integer
   d as Integer

end type

Dim a as...
Will not show Test1 and Test2 in the autocomplete list.

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 01:46:22 PM »

Hi Paul, Is it possible for Brace Highlighting to be User defined as either Background or Foreground?
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 03:05:19 PM »

Brace Highlighting uses a Scintilla Indicator:  https://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#Indicators

I can set the color of the box indicator and control it's transparency. Currently the transparency is hard coded and set at 127 (which is basically 50%).
Indicators only let you set one color rather than foreground and background.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 06:43:48 PM »

Oh well, it was just a thought.
Clive Richey