PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Visual Designer. Button & Label Forecolor Hot  (Read 234 times)

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
Visual Designer. Button & Label Forecolor Hot
« on: April 29, 2020, 03:00:02 PM »

Hi Paul, when Button control ThemeSupport is set to False, is there a way to set the TextForeColorHot property?
Also, I have a Label control with the ForeColorHot property set. Moving the mouse pointer away from the Label and onto some other controls returns the Label's ForeColor value, except if the adjacent control is a ListView, a Calendar or a Picture, then the Hot colour remains. There maybe other controls but I stopped checking at those 3. The 3 controls do not have space between them. The Label touches the ListView and a Picture and a Calendar.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 03:21:40 PM by SeaVipe »
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: Visual Designer. Button & Label Forecolor Hot
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 09:42:12 PM »

Hi Clive, WinFBE uses Jose's CXpButton control for it's button and I am pretty sure that the control does not have a TextForeColorHot setting. If Jose would like to add such functionality to his control then I will certainly add it to WinFBE's visual designer.

I have logged your second issue and will work on recreating it and fixing it. Thanks for the report.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 09:45:19 PM »

You could simulate TextForeColorHot with the following:

Code: [Select]
''
''
Function frmMain_Button1_MouseEnter( ByRef sender As wfxButton, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
   sender.TextForeColor = colors.red
   Function = 0
End Function

''
''
Function frmMain_Button1_MouseLeave( ByRef sender As wfxButton, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
   sender.TextForeColor = colors.Black
   Function = 0
End Function
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 12:43:51 PM »

Thanks, Paul. I tried a number of ideas but in the end, and just as an experiment, I replaced the buttons with Label controls (which will be replaced with buttons at a later date). :0(
Clive Richey
*“You Either Have To Be Part Of The Solution, Or You’re Going To Be Part The Problem.” Eldridge Cleaver.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 08:06:50 PM »

Also, I have a Label control with the ForeColorHot property set. Moving the mouse pointer away from the Label and onto some other controls returns the Label's ForeColor value...

Thanks Clive, I have this fixed now.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software