PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problem with tool-tips ...  (Read 91 times)

Softfoot

• Little Newbie
Problem with tool-tips ...
« on: September 06, 2020, 05:45:48 AM »

I just installed the latest WinFBE (2.1.7) on my Win 7 x64 machine and on running WinFBE 32bit the "tool tips" for the main buttons were OK but as soon as I loaded a source file the tool tips changed to an asian font (see attached screenshot).

I restarted the app and now on loading the source from the recent list te tips were OK but when I compiled and executed the program they reverted back to the funny font. It seems to affect all buttons.

This doesnt seem to happen with WinFBE64.

Nice IDE otherwise.

Dave
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 05:47:32 AM by Softfoot »

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: Problem with tool-tips ...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 07:47:02 AM »

I can honestly say that I have never seen this type of behaviour with WinFBE.

Can you explain how you installed WinFBE? I assume that you downloaded the latest 2.17 WinFBE_Suite rar archive from https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases  That rar file direct download link is https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases/download/2.1.7/WinFBE_Suite.rar

Unzip the WinFBE_Suite.rar file to a folder on your hard drive.

Is that how you installed WinFBE? I ask this simple question because it appears that somehow WinFBE's config file is either not being read correctly or is being corrupted somehow. The correct setup will also allow WinFBE to find the correct language file in order to display the tooltips. (those are located in WinFBE_Suite\Languages).
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Softfoot

• Little Newbie
Re: Problem with tool-tips ...
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 12:16:11 PM »

That is how I installed it and I wasn't aware there was any other way to do it.

As I said when first loaded the program displays the correct tool tips - it is only when I for example compile a program it goes wrong.

Note I am running WINFBE32 under Win764 and compiling for "Win Console 32 Release".

It doesn't happen if I start WINFE64.

Regards,
Dave