PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite (2.1.9 pre-release testing)  (Read 152 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Suite (2.1.9 pre-release testing)
« on: March 20, 2021, 07:53:16 PM »

Hi Everyone,

If you would like to try out the very latest WinFBE Suite version then please download the attachment and overwrite the existing files in your WinFBE_Suite folder. Basically, you will be overwriting the two EXE's and the WinFormsX include files.

If you notice any major problems then please let me know. I plan to work through as many issues as I can and then do an proper version release to Github. I will eventually be reverting to use the same backend GCC toolchain as the official FB release and I will also be creating an alternate install method that uses a proper Windows installer (I will most likely use Inno Setup).

Here is the list of changes so far....

Version 2.1.9
Editor:
- Multiple find/replace selection highlights could occur if the user changed the active selection area after activating the Find/Replace dialog.
- Replace-dialog selection-highlight in code window out of sync with actual highlight (when 2nd+ selection performed).
- Find/Replace dialog active and pressing Ctrl+A to select all text in one of the find/replace textboxes would instead select all text in the current active code edit window.
- Split windows would not activate cold folding in both panes. Only one pane would respond to code folding margin margin clicks.
- SCEN_KILLFOCUS in WM_COMMAND was resetting the hWndActiveScintilla window to zero causing a situation whereby incorrect split pane could be used to display code from Sub/Functions selector combobox.
- Have noticed that with Code Folding enabled that file loading/parsing is somewhat slower. If you prefer faster document responsiveness maybe turn off the code folding option.
- Double periods ".." would appear within the default displayed filename in the 'Save As' dialog for new files being saved for the first time.

Visual Designer:
- MainMenu: MenuItem item in MenuItems collection would crash when retrieving text property value.
- TextBox: Removed the SelectionChanged event as that event is for RichEdit controls, not TextBoxes.
- Statusbar: Fixed not being able to fully delete the last remaining Statusbar Panel.
- Statusbar: Code generation error when Statusbar deleted from Form but Toolbar also exists.
- When an editable ToolBox property has focus, actions such as Select All and Cut would act on controls in the visual designer rather than on the text in the property itself.
- DateTimePicker: Within the visual designer now correctly displays the SelectedDate/SelectedTime. Code generation was always correct.
- ListBox: Corrected redraw/repaint issues of other controls on a Form when ListBox was empty.
- Image Manager: Form width is adjusted wider for non-English localizations.
- Image Manager: Filename edit button is now disabled if no valid image has been selected from the list of images.
- PictureBox: An invalid of empty image name will now clear any existing image from the control.
- Timer: Modified so that if the Interval property value is changed then the Timer will automatically get re-created with the new interval value

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
Re: WinFBE Suite (2.1.9 pre-release testing)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 01:42:42 PM »

Thanks, Paul! Only one minor detail when attempting to run WinFBE32 or WinFBE64 on my Windows 10 Pro machine...
Clive Richey
You're Either Part Of The Solution, Or You're The Problem.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE Suite (2.1.9 pre-release testing)
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 07:33:13 AM »

Thanks, Paul! Only one minor detail when attempting to run WinFBE32 or WinFBE64 on my Windows 10 Pro machine...
That's odd. I've never seen that occur with WinFBE exe's before. Maybe because of the download fromt he internet, but then again, even the full WinFBE package contains exe's that are downloaded from the internet.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer