• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE v3.0.0 (May 24, 2022)

Started by Paul Squires, May 24, 2022, 07:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaVipe

@philbar,
QuoteIf anyone is interested, I can post a sample Designer program that uses Clayout to auto-resize.
Yes, please!
Clive Richey

philbar

Paul, I narrowed down my problem with the unsaved markers disappearing from the tabs.

It only happens in designer mode when the only change I make is to rearrange the controls on the forms. Then clicking tabs or sometimes just mousing over them makes the spots go away. If I make any change to the actual code the spots are perfectly stable.

Petrus Vorster

1) When I add a new form to the project, and then decides to remove it from the project it crashes the Framework.

Also, can someone tell me how to set the maximum input length on a Textbox?
I do not see a MAXLEN setting under the properties of the textbox.

-Regards, Peter
-Regards
Peter

Paul Squires

I will have to add a MAXLEN type of property for the TextBoxes. You can do it in code as follows. This limits the textbox to 10 characters.

''
''
Function frmMain_Load( ByRef sender As wfxForm, ByRef e As EventArgs ) As LRESULT
   sendmessage( frmMain.Text1.hWindow, EM_SETLIMITTEXT, 10, 0 )
   Function = 0
End Function

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Paul Squires

Thanks to everyone who has reported issues and bugs with the latest release. I will work on fixes and also start enhancing the visual designer. Keep posting any issues that you find.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Petrus Vorster

Tabcontrol tab images are a problem.

Attaching an Image to tab1 is no problem.
Tabs thereafter causes quite a few crashes.

Once I attach the image, the WINFBE crashes immediately.
Once restarted, and i can go back, then attaching the image is no problem.
This happened with .PNG and .iCO files which contains 16x16 up to 128x128 image sizes.
I have not checked with single ICO files e.g. 24x24 alone yet.

This happens with any additional tab.

-Peter
-Regards
Peter

Paul Squires

Thanks Peter, yes, I can confirm that attaching images to Tab Control tabs is causing a crash. I will fix.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: Paul Squires on May 30, 2022, 09:52:26 AM
Thanks Peter, yes, I can confirm that attaching images to Tab Control tabs is causing a crash. I will fix.

This was a very subtle bug to find and fix but it is now corrected. See this thread: https://www.planetsquires.com/protect/forum/index.php?topic=4609.0
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

philbar

Here's an odd but not critical behavior:

If I press the TAB key while in design mode (I wanted to see if focus would jump to the next control in tab order), the display jumps to the code window and inserts a TAB wherever the cursor happened to be. The design/code tab at the bottom remains focused on design.

The same thing happens if I press TAB while typing Notes (nice feature, by the way).

Obviously, the workaround is "don't do that," but it surprised me.

Paul Squires

Thanks for the report. I will look into it and prevent such behaviour.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: philbar on June 01, 2022, 10:31:11 AM
Here's an odd but not critical behavior:

If I press the TAB key while in design mode (I wanted to see if focus would jump to the next control in tab order), the display jumps to the code window and inserts a TAB wherever the cursor happened to be. The design/code tab at the bottom remains focused on design.

The same thing happens if I press TAB while typing Notes (nice feature, by the way).

Obviously, the workaround is "don't do that," but it surprised me.

This problem should be fixed now. Check out the latest 3.0.1 update in the other thread.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software