• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE v3.0.1 (June 6, 2022)

Started by Paul Squires, June 06, 2022, 08:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

WinFBE FreeBASIC Editor for Windows (Version 3.0.1)

Download:
https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Changes Version 3.0.1
Editor:
- "Save All" was not correctly adding the saved file to the Explorer list.
- When closing all files sometimes not positioning editor to a dirty file that needed to be saved.
- Enable/Disable "Highlight current line" editor option would not honor the theme color.
- Toggling a Bookmark by clicking in the Bookmark margin would not visually update the Bookmarks list in the Explorer window.
- Changed the statusbar positions for Line/Col and Build Configuration.
- When a visual design Form is active, pressing TAB character would insert the TAB character into the underlying code editor.
- Corrected "Append loop variable to For/Next statement" in cases where the variable did not immediately have a space character after it.

Visual Designer:
- Several items in the Designer top menu were not being enabled/disabled correctly.
- Possible that Form files would not have their dirty flag correctly maintained if AutoSave was active.
- Adding an image to a TabControl tab header could cause a GPF resulting in WinFBE to crash.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

Hi Paul,
Is there a way to have the Explorer Panel User sorted? On my PC the Explorer tree view is unsorted, though Function List and Bookmarks appear to be sorted alphabetically.
Clive Richey

dmontaine

On an AMD based Windows 11 laptop (AMD CPU and GPU) WinFBE64 (Version 3.0.1) terminates immediately upon File, New or attempting to open an existing source code file. Tried various compatibility settings and none of them solved the problem.  WinFBE32 works correctly.

[Solution] Install latest drivers from the AMD web site.

Eigil Dingsor

Hi Paul,
Downloaded the latest version(winfbe suite zip) yesterday, but got a bit confused when I no longer have the ability to set compiler path? Didn'copy the latest Freebasic compiler since I already have that installed. Is it possible just upgrade/install the new 3.01 editor? Coming from 2.. version. Ended up with "going" back to known waters.
Eigil

Paul Squires

Quote from: Eigil Dingsor on July 09, 2022, 03:25:30 PMHi Paul,
Downloaded the latest version(winfbe suite zip) yesterday, but got a bit confused when I no longer have the ability to set compiler path? Didn'copy the latest Freebasic compiler since I already have that installed. Is it possible just upgrade/install the new 3.01 editor? Coming from 2.. version. Ended up with "going" back to known waters.
Eigil

The new WinFBE version is designed to located the compiler in a subfolder called "toolchains". Each compiler version can be put in a separate folder within the "toolchains" folder. This allows the user to choose and switch amongst many different compiler versions (something that a few users have been wanting for a long time).

If you do not want to use this new approach then you may be able to simply modify your "winfbe.ini" settings file and manually input the compiler paths.

For example:

[Compiler]
FBWINCompiler32={CURDRIVE}:\PSS121\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\fbc32.exe
FBWINCompiler64={CURDRIVE}:\PSS121\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\fbc64.exe

If you decide to use this approach then be sure to modify the winfbe ini file while WinFBE is *not* running, otherwise WinFBE will overwrite your changes when it closes.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Eigil Dingsor

Hi Paul,
Great and thank you for guiding! I'll start out with manual approach.
Eigil