• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE Visual Designer - Version 3.02 changes

Started by Paul Squires, September 28, 2022, 12:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

I am using this sticky topic to post all of the completed and pending changes I am making to the WinFBE visual designer.

If you have ANY features or changes that you want to see in the visual designer then NOW is the time for you to post them in this forum. I am actively working on the visual designer so now is the best time to get any changes enacted.

[ x ] Change the form file format to JSON and save it to a separate disk file (with *.design extension).

[ x ] When selecting a control from the toolbox and then just clicking on a form (not "drawing" it), it creates a control with a height and width of 0. There are now default sizes for all controls that may be created too small.

[ x ] When double-clicking an event in the toolbox, automatically enable that event, create the placeholder (if needed) and switch to that event in the code view.

[ x ] When double-clicking a control in design view, automatically switch to the code view for the default event handler for that control (e.g.: the _Click handler if it's a button).

[ x ] Listview is not clearing columns/rows when a form is reused (e.g. via popup form).

[ x ] Add Listview property (HeaderThemed) to enable/disable theme drawing for the header portion of the Listview.

[ x ] The ability to set the default control font name and size for all controls created for that project, rather than always defaulting to Segoe UI 9pt.

[ x ] Button control: TextForeColorHot

[ x ] Button control: AllowFocusRect. Enable/Disable the button focus rectangle.

[ x ] Added Control property (Anchor) which allows you to specify layout resize/movement at design time (uses the WinFBX CLayout class behind the scenes).

[ x ] New internal code parser with new autocomplete popup system and logic.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Sorry Clive, I won't be able to implement this request for the ListView control

Listviews: Configurable Row/Cell colours for active Row (Currently white Forecolor on Windows Blue BackColor) and colour for when active row focus is lost.

I have researched it and it appears that in order to bypass the default Windows coloring then I would have to implement the ListView as full OwnerDraw. That would entail a major re-write of the current implementation that is CustomDraw.

I did try a suggestion to temporarily disable Selection between Custom painting calls, but in my testing it did not work and resulted in a recursive barrage of endless Listview item selected event messages (because the selection was turned off and then on again repeatedly).

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Added two new Button properties:

AllowFocusRect (True/False)
TextForeColorHot (COLORREF)

Both properties are only used when Button themes are disabled.

I have emailed the CXpButton.inc code changes to José for his review.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Thanks to José for updating the WinFBX framework with my changes to the CXpButton control.

I have also added a design time resize engine using the Visual Studio concept of "Anchors". All controls now have an Anchor property that allows you to specify how each side of the control should stick to the side of the form being resized. Seems to be working pretty good so far. It uses the CLayout class behind the scenes and WinFBE takes care of all of the code generation so you do not have to add anything to your Load or Size events.

My next step will be to create a beta download for you folks to try on ** backup ** samples of your existing projects. I will be interested in getting feedback regarding the invisible upgrade process to the new form file format and for the various new improvements outlined in the Sticky Post. Hopefully that download will be ready this weekend.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software