• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

Minor bugs and work arounds

Started by John Dunbar, October 21, 2004, 03:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Dunbar

I just got started with FireFly and like it very much.  I found two problems.  But I found workarounds for them.

1) The Status Bar interface took awhile to figure out.  I created several at once trying to figure out the editing interface and then deleted them after frustration.  But some remnant stayed behind causing a memory error in RC.exe at the end of the compile process.  

There was no visible Status Bar, yet it showed in the menu item Handles and Control ID's.  I looked for a place to delete it but wasn't successful because I chickened out of deleting too many things in the code, and I thought it was compiled into an image record somewhere.  I thus believe there's a minor bug in the Status bar interface by letting the user create multiples, or in not deleting all of them if there are many.  

2) To cure the above problem, I created a new form to operate as my startup form then copied over the controls to it with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V.  No problems, except the tab didn't keep all of its properties.  No big problem.  But then I tried to reset the Start Up form property for the whole Project.  It wouldn't let me select the newly created form as the combo box in the Project Properties page only listed 4 forms and my new frmMain (the startup form) was 6th (last) but didn't show.  It appears the combo box on the Properties page only shows a max of 4 forms to select.  Furthermore, all the forms shown in the drop were Child forms of a tab and shouldn't have been there.

By Removing and then adding the forms back I solved the problem.  FireFly is doing a great job of creating a complicated set of forms.

John Dunbar