PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: WinFBE v2.2.1  (Read 2928 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE v2.2.1
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2022, 10:00:56 PM »

We now (finally) have Win32 API keyword syntax highlighting again. Implemented as keyword set #1 (FreeBasic keywords are #0).
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2022, 10:03:20 PM »

Excellent, thanks, Paul!
Clive Richey
You're Either Part Of The Solution, Or You're The Problem.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2022, 02:45:39 PM »

Here is today's accomplishment. Thankfully, I was able to use Custom Draw for the Listviews and did not have to resort to Owner Draw to make custom implementations for the grid like controls in the Output window. The "tab control" is simply custom tabs drawn on a subclassed static (Label) control.

Here are a few more quality of life improvements that I also finished for the editor as well:
- Added keyboard shortcut "CTRL+~" (ctrl+tilde) to allow you to move keyboard focus back to the active editing window. This is useful, for example, for jumping between the editing window and the Find/Replace dialog.
- Added keyboard shortcuts to move to next and move to previous compiler errors. This is a quick way to jump to and fix errors without having to use your mouse to double click the compiler error message in the Output window.
- The Explorer window now allows for multiple nodes to be selected (via Ctrl or Shift) and to popup right-click menu to perform actions on the group of selected nodes (for example, to re-designate files to different FileTypes, etc).

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

JosÚ Roca

• Guru Member
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2022, 07:58:13 PM »

Beware. "~" does not exist in some keyboards, e.g. the Spanish keyboard.

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2022, 08:28:12 PM »

Beware. "~" does not exist in some keyboards, e.g. the Spanish keyboard.

Thanks JosÚ, good to see you again. :-)  Luckily, with the new Keyboard Shortcuts, the user can define whatever key binding they wish should the default one that I (arbitrarily) picked is not suitable. As you know, the ~ maps to virtual key VK_OEM_3. I wonder, do the other VK_OEM_* virtual keys map to the Spanish keyboard the same way that they do for US standard keyboard?
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

JosÚ Roca

• Guru Member
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2022, 02:22:32 PM »

Here you have a visual comparison of different national layouts:

http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/A-Visual-Comparison-of-Different-National-Layouts/#esES

Asking to a Spanish to press "CTRL+~" is like asking you to press "CTRL+˝".

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2022, 04:50:19 PM »

Thanks JosÚ, I have bookmarked that page as I can imagine that it will be a useful reference. Ctrl+~ is certainly not a viable option on Spanish keyboards. There is certainly a lot of variation amongst the different keyboard layouts.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Andrew Lindsay

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2022, 06:09:51 AM »

Great to see you feeling better and back in the saddle Paul!!!

What you're working on looks fantastic!  I can't wait to see the fruits of your labour in the not too distant future.

Andrew

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2022, 07:35:08 PM »

Thanks Andrew, and everybody :-)    Feels good to be back programming again. Feeling pretty good these days after that health scare back in August/September.

The editor is looking pretty good at this point. I still have to implement the Function List and Bookmarks List but both of those should be relatively quick to do because I can model them after the existing Explorer panel code. For the upcoming update there are not many changes to the Visual Designer portion of the editor because I am concentrating almost exclusively on the core editor itself at this point.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2022, 06:33:00 PM »

It's been a while since I posted a screenshot. Here is the new Bookmarks list. It shows all bookmarks from all open (and closed) documents. It is useful to allow you to quickly navigate throughout your project. You can also clear all bookmarks, bookmarks from a specific file, or just single bookmarks, right from that window. Next up will be the "Function list" which hopefully I can quickly code because most of the guts for that code already exists in one form or another within the existing WinFBE code base.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2022, 10:31:13 PM »

Function List using "View as Tree"

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2022, 10:32:50 PM »

Function List using "View as List". I may add a textbox that will allow you to search for function names.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2022, 10:18:28 PM »

Here are a couple of screenshots of the Dark & Light Themes. You can switch between them on-the-fly without having to restart the application. The only thing that I don't like is that the RichEdit & Listview controls in the Output window use the standard Windows scrollbars so they don't really fit in with the look and feel of the custom scrollbars elsewhere in the editor. Maybe someday I'll try to replace them with custom scrollbars. Too big of a job for now.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2022, 01:22:14 PM »

I still have a few, mostly minor, issues to deal with regarding the editor portion of WinFBE, but I intend to release a sort of beta version via this forum for you folks to try out on your test projects. I just need to finalized some things with the vertical and horizontal custom scrollbars first. I will then do a day or two of simulated real world use of the program. Things like installing, set up, creating files and projects, and using the various features. After that I will package it all up with the latest WinFBX and FB Compiler and post it here for download.

The release is 95% related to updates to the editor. The visual designer has not been given much love at this point. That will be focus of my efforts once the editor is looking good.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2022, 01:51:04 PM »

Thanks for the update, Paul!
Clive Richey
You're Either Part Of The Solution, Or You're The Problem.
#StaySafe, Always  Keep A Safe #SocialDistance, #WashYourHands Often and please, #StayHome!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4