PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: WinFBE v2.2.1  (Read 2929 times)

jermy

Re: WinFBE v2.2.1
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2022, 06:49:12 PM »

not everyone uses the visual designer, or uses all afx libraries.
the editor is very nice to work with, although sometimes I miss a built-in debugger.

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2022, 07:17:50 PM »

There are times that I wish that I had separated the editor from the visual designer. That is, make each an individual application. It would certainly help streamline the code base with the downside that not having both together would make the designing and coding of a GUI application a little more cumbersome. A debugger would be very nice and I often wonder how hard it would be to integrate the non-gui elements of FBDebugger into WinFBE.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Josť Roca

• Guru Member
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2022, 08:36:18 PM »

Probably, I'm the least demanding WinFBE user. I have more than I need since a long time ago. I only use the text editor, with many of the optional features disabled.

The only thing that annoys me a little sometimes is that if you have the "Find" window activated and you close the file that you are editing, the "Find" window remains visible and can't be closed clicking the "x" button.

BTW I can't stand dark themes. They strain my eyes. I know that for some people it is the opposite.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 01:33:01 AM by Josť Roca »

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2022, 11:31:16 PM »

Thanks Josť, I'll fix up that Find window closing problem to ensure that it is not present in the update.

Dark vs Light themes. I was the same way my entire programming life. I always used light themes. It was only over the past 6 months where I did a lot of web programming using VS Code and Python programming in JetBrains PyCharm that I got hooked on dark themes. Not really pure black themes because I find that is too strong of a contrast, but a more subtle dark/charcoal black is much more pleasing and I can say that now I doubt that I'd revert back to light themes.

I'm looking forward to getting your honest feedback on the new update when I post it here because it is fairly different than the current version.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]