• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE v3.0.0-BETA-3 (April 17, 2022)

Started by Paul Squires, April 17, 2022, 09:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Hi everyone,

Thank-you for all of the valuable feedback on the first and second beta.

Here is the download link for the third beta for WinFBE Version 3.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases/download/2.2.0/WinFBE_Suite3-BETA-3.zip

DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR PRODUCTION CODE UNLESS YOU HAVE FULLY BACKED UP YOUR PROJECTS. I SAY THIS BECAUSE I WOULD HATE FOR ANYTHING IN YOUR PROJECTS TO BE COMPROMISED BY THIS BETA

KNOWN ISSUES RELATED BETA-3

- The vertical scrollbar thumbs will shrink very small when huge number of lines exist in a document. Need to add logic that resizes the thumbs to a minimum size and then correctly calculate the lines to display in the editor when the thumb is moved.

- The "Check for Updates" feature has been disabled for the Beta releases.

CHANGES FOR BETA 3

Version 3.0.0-BETA-3
Editor:

- Fixed regression whereby Backspace key was non-functional in editing textboxes in the Visual Designer Property List.
- Fixed setting IndentGuides editor theme colors.
- Fixed SetCompilerPathsII user tool being generated for new default winfbe configuration files.
- Removed Identifiers theme colors from the *.theme files because they overrode editor.text values.
- Fixed GPF due to invalid array access when positioning an editor tab in the top tab control.
- Fixed "Convert to Mixed Case" keyboad shortcut from Ctrl+Alt+M to Ctrl+Alt+X.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

Hi Paul, I haven't been able to break Beta-3 yet!
Will CTRL + arrow keys and SHIFT + arrow keys be enabled in the Designer for the release version of WinFBE 3?
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Quote from: SeaVipe on April 18, 2022, 04:32:49 PM
Will CTRL + arrow keys and SHIFT + arrow keys be enabled in the Designer for the release version of WinFBE 3?
hmmmm... it does look like that functionality is no longer functional!  :-)  I will fix that. If you see anything else in the Visual Designer that does not work like it used to then please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Thanks Clive, this problem is now fixed. Thanks for reporting this one. I have not done a lot of work related to the visual designer for the new Version 3, because I focused almost solely on the editor itself for this update.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

jermy

Hi paul,

Missing Ctrl+b and ctrl+shift+b for commenting and uncommenting multiple lines.   
'
'
'
'

Paul Squires

Hi jermy, those keyboard shortcuts were changed to Ctrl+/ and Ctrl+Shift+/ to be consistent with other editors. However, you can easily re-add the older keyboard shortcuts by setting in the "Keyboard Shortcuts" dialog (Ctrl+K).
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Bruce Huber

Paul, on x64, when typing into the find/replace text fields, it is often losing focus and further typing just goes into the bit-bucket somewhere.

Thanks,
CBruce

EDIT: Moved to its own post:
https://www.planetsquires.com/protect/forum/index.php?topic=4600.0